DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

updated on 3/17/18 DIY controller amp antenna mods only!

update 3/17/2018 I re organize this thread and put all the info on the first page in better order! hence why some of my posts have ............ in them now cause I move that info to the first page :)

hopfully this will be the last update I do.....lol sorry about that!

Great job man, so you recommend going with the kits, cyclone for example supposing that i have no problem with the budget,
will it give more range?

and what about modding the mavic air advanced parameters through dji assistant, did anyone manage to enable the console on dji assistant 2 for the mavic air

For me not sure yet, just received the switch panel, with the bigger ant. It works but so far for me not worth the money, changing the configs. To boost works just as good. Could be the way I'm trying to use it. Never had trouble with interference just looking for the distance I read about, not seeing it yet. Give me a .

good luck with your range test bro , make sure u post the results, never had issues on fcc mode either, just a glitchy preview, trying to fly the mavic air woth more confidence, that's why am going to mod it

Don't get me wrong good people to deal with and product is as advertised, I could be looking for something that's not there yet, still need to test (alot). So far I've only tried at my house in country from my gun room indoors with remote out the window, could be interference from house.

On the same hand have been doing same path with stock and doing the same distance.

Really want this to work next step going to mount ant on roof to give it some space. Titan thinks out the window a couple inches is not enough.

Does anyone know the "U.FL connector" for Mavic Air remote is the same as drone user's one?
Thanks.

Jackie

Hi im new to the forum and have just done the 4 hawks xr antenna mod on my Mavic Pro. I was wondering if i wanted to put amps on as well like in the picture of your transmitter controller could i use any of the amps for the mavic that you have listed and also am i right in thinking that both the amps face out towards the drone. Many thanks

Sorry i meant to say the message was to drone user and also thanks for all the good info

Hi im new to the forum and have just done the 4 hawks xr antenna mod on my Mavic Pro. I was wondering if i wanted to put amps on as well like in the picture of your transmitter controller could i use any of the amps for the mavic that you have listed and also am i right in thinking that both the amps face out towards the drone. Many thanks

You can use those amps but you'll also need a power supply for them and some way to mount them to the controller.

Check out this post. Scroll down a little and see the booster I have for my 4 hawks Raptor XR.

It's from Maxx UAV...it's a nice setup but If you can find a booster like that one on the used market I would suggest buying it, in my opinion, at retail, they are overpriced.

as drone_guy said you can use those amps. I uses the cheapest amps I could find (like what I posted) with the battery too. I have no problems with it :)

Hi drone guy thanks for your reply that Maxx uav set up looks very nice. I have actually now sent off for a couple of 4 watt amps the same as drone user has on his photo think they’re called sinmax. So drone user when i mount them do the left and right amp go the same way round or in the same direction between the controller and the 4 hawks. I’m a bit new to the signal boosting side of things. Thank you

Hi drone guy thanks for your reply that Maxx uav set up looks very nice. I have actually now sent off for a couple of 4 watt amps the same as drone user has on his photo think they’re called sinmax. So drone user when i mount them do the left and right amp go the same way round or in the same direction between the controller and the 4 hawks. I’m a bit new to the signal boosting side of things. Thank you

I think I know what you are asking me? the amps have each end marked ( one end is for antenna - this is where you would screw on your antenna. the other end is signal end this is where the cable from the controller goes to) NEVER power amps on without an antenna hooked up or you could damage the amp! you can mount the amps just about any way you need too meaning up or down or laying "flat" like I did just make sure your cable is long enough. is this what you are asking?

Yes drone user that’s exactly what i wanted to know. so on the amps where it is marked antenna they go to the 4 hawks and the other end marked signal goes to the mavic controller. No I’ll make sure i don’t power the amps on without the antenna. Thanks. One more thing if an amp did go down in flight would you loose all signal or just the boosted signal. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom