DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade to Matrice 300?

jelarv

Reactions
I LOVE my Mavic 2 Zoom, but wish it had a longer range and run time (battery life). I apologize in advance if I'm committing heresy (defection, infidelity, etc.) but I'm wondering, if budget weren't a concern, why would the DJI Matrice 300 RTK be a bad upgrade (range of 9.3 miles and 55 minutes of fly time, excluding the gimble payload which will clearly reduce both)? Put another way, as a relatively new drone pilot are there any obvious things I'm missing such as "will I need a permit to use an enterprise drone?", or "are the extra range and battery power over-rated?", etc.., etc., etc? (I don't know what I don't know). I really respect everyone on the MP board and would greatly value any thoughts that can add value to the discussions. Thanks!

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I'm wondering, if budget weren't a concern, why would the DJI Matrice 300 RTK be a bad upgrade (range of 9.3 miles and 55 minutes of fly time, excluding the gimble payload which will clearly reduce both)? Put another way, as a relatively new drone pilot are there any obvious things I'm missing.
If you are happy to say goodbye to easy portability and simple, quick setup times, happy to say goodbye to mucho dollars and risk mucho dollars each flight, no problem at all.
The Matrice is a fine machine for some specific purposes but it's not a general purpose drone for everyone.

If you are happy to say goodbye to easy portability and simple, quick setup times, happy to say goodbye to mucho dollars and risk mucho dollars each flight, no problem at all.
The Matrice is a fine machine for some specific purposes but it's not a general purpose drone for everyone.
Thanks! Good points about portability...I won't storing it in the overhead bin on a flight for vacation.

I LOVE my Mavic 2 Zoom, but wish it had a longer range and run time (battery life). I apologize in advance if I'm committing heresy (defection, infidelity, etc.) but I'm wondering, if budget weren't a concern, why would the DJI Matrice 300 RTK be a bad upgrade (range of 9.3 miles and 55 minutes of fly time, excluding the gimble payload which will clearly reduce both)? Put another way, as a relatively new drone pilot are there any obvious things I'm missing such as "will I need a permit to use an enterprise drone?", or "are the extra range and battery power over-rated?", etc.., etc., etc? (I don't know what I don't know). I really respect everyone on the MP board and would greatly value any thoughts that can add value to the discussions. Thanks!
Notice how there’s no price anywhere you look.
If they don’t publish a price that gives you a clue how expensive it’s going to be.
I doubt Anyone here has flown one so if you want more advice you should check elsewhere.
But hey it’s a great upgrade.

"As a relatively new drone pilot" kinda tells me what I need to know. That's no slight on you, but if you don't need the things a Matrice can do, it's way unnecessary and expensive, not to mention they're not as easy to fly well as the smaller drones. If you're looking to upgrade from an M2Z, you'd be way better served picking up an Inspire 2 for less than half the cost.

But without knowing exactly what you want to do (except fly far and long), it's hard to say what would be the right drone for you. I've been flying for years now, and I wouldn't touch a Matrice unless I needed it for mission-specific tasks that I couldn't manage with my I2.

Reactions: old man mavic
while there is no reason you could not fly such a drone if funds were not an issue,theses type of drones are really for professional use
and as such, there is a lot of gear to transport, and different rules to follow during use

Found this.

DJI MATRICE 300 RTK Combo w/ DJI Enterprise Shield Plus – $11,849
  • In the Box:
  • Aircraft Body*1
  • DJI Smart Controller Enterprise *1 USB Charger *1
  • USB-C Cable *1
  • TB60 Intelligent Flight Battery *2 WB37 Intelligent Battery *1
  • 2110 Propeller (CW) *2
  • 2110 Propeller (CCW) *2
  • Landing Gear *2
  • Spare Stick Cover (pair) *1
  • Spare Propeller Holder *2
  • Spare Gimbal Damper *4
  • USB Cable (with Double A Ports) *1 Vision System Calibration Plate *1 Carrying Case *1
  • Smart Controller Lanyard *1 Rubber Port Cover (Set) *1
  • Screws and Tools
  • BS60 Intelligent Battery Station *1
You will still have to add a controller price unknown and the only price I could find for a camera was the Dual Thermal one for only $7.500.00.
So I reckon it’s only going to be around $20.000 to get in the air :eek:

Found this.

DJI MATRICE 300 RTK Combo w/ DJI Enterprise Shield Plus – $11,849
  • In the Box:
  • Aircraft Body*1
  • DJI Smart Controller Enterprise *1 USB Charger *1
  • USB-C Cable *1
  • TB60 Intelligent Flight Battery *2 WB37 Intelligent Battery *1
  • 2110 Propeller (CW) *2
  • 2110 Propeller (CCW) *2
  • Landing Gear *2
  • Spare Stick Cover (pair) *1
  • Spare Propeller Holder *2
  • Spare Gimbal Damper *4
  • USB Cable (with Double A Ports) *1 Vision System Calibration Plate *1 Carrying Case *1
  • Smart Controller Lanyard *1 Rubber Port Cover (Set) *1
  • Screws and Tools
  • BS60 Intelligent Battery Station *1
You will still have to add a controller price unknown and the only price I could find for a camera was the Dual Thermal one for only $7.500.00.
So I reckon it’s only going to be around $20.000 to get in the air :eek:
A lot less than a Ferrari.

• Haha
Reactions: THE CYBORG
Congrats on you're lottery win! 26000 feet is not far enough beyond VLOS for you? Don't see the point unless you're starting an Amazon delivery service. Love my Zoom. I've taken it 7000 feet out and that was farther than I needed.

Well M30/M30T is not bad either :) 200x zoom (and it work) hmm it almost to much
The Mavic 3 Enterprise 56 zoom hmm good enough.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S