DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB port on DJI RC continues to fail!

Joe4flight

Reactions
Am I missing something? I needed to use the USB port on my DJI RC to connect to my MPP. The APP said "disconnected" and no video image from the MPP was on my iphone screen. I tried 3 different cables but all to the same conclusion. Disconnected with no video. So I returned to RC to DJI for repair/replacement. I just got the repaired or replaced unit back. Still the same issue. That USB port on the bottom of the RC continues to fail. I'm still getting the message "disconnected" with no video on my iPhone. What am I doing wrong?

its probably obvious but have you unplugged the cable from the side port used for charging the controller you need to do this for the bottom USB to work

its probably obvious but have you unplugged the cable from the side port used for charging the controller you need to do this for the bottom USB to work
Hmmmm. I did not think of that. I’ll unplug the charging port and try the bottom USB again. Appreciate the suggestion!

Perfect! It worked flawlessly. Thats why I love this forum. Common Sense advice that sometimes is difficult to find.

Reactions: old man mavic
Perfect! It worked flawlessly. Thats why I love this forum. Common Sense advice that sometimes is difficult to find.
glad it worked happy flying

Common Sense advice that sometimes is difficult to find.

Unless you read the manual....

Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0, 2017-12-19, Page 7:

You can also connect your mobile device to the remote controller using a USB cable. Plug one end of the cable into your mobile device and the other end into the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller. Ensure to disconnect the RC cable from the Micro USB port on the remote controller when using a USB cable.

Unless you read the manual....

Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0, 2017-12-19, Page 7:

You can also connect your mobile device to the remote controller using a USB cable. Plug one end of the cable into your mobile device and the other end into the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller. Ensure to disconnect the RC cable from the Micro USB port on the remote controller when using a USB cable.
sometimes its hard to see the wood for the trees, and i do think that its a shame that DJI only have online manuals which is ok, but i find it easier to read a printed hard copy which can be read even out in the field if you need to refer to it from time to time i am sure someone else would have given the same advice as me in time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gshu