DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AdventureCity

Reactions
I had read here in the forum that the iPad 2 could be used with my Mavic. My iPad:

iPad 2 (Wi-Fi) [Model A1395]

When I try to download and install DJI GO 4 from the App store, I get a message that reads:

"Cannot Download"
"This app is not compatible with your device."

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

The IPad 2 (10inch) is stuck with OS9x, and is even pre retina screen.
iPad 2 Mini came out later and has a retina screen and can run OS 10x and fits in the Mavic controller with no modifications beyond a longer lightening cable. That's what I use with mine and tether the wifi to my iPhone.

At the moment I am flying with an iPad Air. It is hopelessly stuck with iOS 9 as well. I imagine the processor is faster than the iPad 2 and the only reason DJI GO4 works on it. I will be upgrading soon. I can use my iPhone 7 Plus, but love a bigger screen.

Just throwing this out there, as I'm not sure what actual device is the cut off for usability with DJI GO4.

The IPad Air 2 is really good with the APP-- I have had zero issues to this point

IPad Air2 works flawlessly. Never had any issues like others have posted (disconnects, crashing, etc)
da1656238a02efbb8f8d688799445fd9.jpg

It's a bummer that the iPad 2 will not work. I would prefer using it in case of a mishap rather then my new iPad 2 air.

Last edited:
At the moment I am flying with an iPad Air. It is hopelessly stuck with iOS 9 as well. I imagine the processor is faster than the iPad 2 and the only reason DJI GO4 works on it. I will be upgrading soon. I can use my iPhone 7 Plus, but love a bigger screen.

Just throwing this out there, as I'm not sure what actual device is the cut off for usability with DJI GO4.
Why is your iPad Air stuck with iOS 9?
Mine runs iOS 10.3.1 like a champ.

Strange, I'll have to check on that. I just figured it was too old for upgrading. When I check for updates, it says there aren't any.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman