DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using 4G on 5G drones.

Pappy19054

Reactions
If this is in the wrong forum, please move.
I'm new to drones.
I'm doing this for strictly recreation.
I'm a bit confused about using a 4g phone on a 5g drone.
Some websites I have been to say you can use a 4g on a 5g drone but the data is slower.
Others say you can't use a 4g phone on a 5g drone.
I have a 4g phone at this time.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Gagey52
I'm a bit confused about using a 4g phone on a 5g drone.
What Drone are you flying? We usually do not deal with 4G or 5G with our drones, we usually deal with Android or iOS issues. This Web Site's member almost exclusively fly DJI Drones. I'm guessing the if you are having issues with your "Gs", you are not flying a DJI Drone.

But maybe one of our members is more knowledge and might help.

Reactions: Gagey52
I don't think it will make much difference since your phone's broadband connection has nothing to do with controlling the drone. You could fly it without a phone but wouldn't be able to see through the camera. However, you will eventually have to upgrade your phone as carriers phase out the older transmission protocols.

5G and 2.7G wifi are what radio band the DJI drones use. These are HZ for the signal. ie 5G wifi means that the signal is transmitted on the 5GHZ band ..... 5G Mobile phone has nothing at all to do with the band the phone is using, it simple means that it is a 5th Generation phone and transmission mode. Well this is my understanding of it, anyway this means that you do not need a 5G phone to use a 5G wifi item .... 4G phone is fine ... BUT it needs to be 4 core 64 bit processor in the phone, and it also helps it has a compass in it ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom