DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using An iPad Mini W/ DJI Mavic?

RC5728

Reactions
Do we have a general consensus now on the best way to use an iPad Mini (or other tablet) with the DJI Mavic?

Is a special attachment necessary?

Reactions: hiwese1
I think the only attachment (nice but not necessary) would be a right angle lightening to USB short (but not too short) cable.
Not sure where to get one.
Go to 8 minutes in in the following video:

Reactions: Matchlock
Last edited:
Reactions: sonof40
Interesting, so no attachment is needed after all?

Back at the beginning I remember people brainstorming ideas for attachments that would fit the iPad Mini on the RC.

There are attachments available, but you don't need to use one (as seen in the video above).

Thanks.

That Kanex cable is kinda ugly, are there any other options?

I did some searching but could only find UK sellers.
I think all you have to do is remove it from that storage thingy. Don't see how it's any uglier than any other cable. Anyway, I'll give it a shot.

I think all you have to do is remove it from that storage thingy. Don't see how it's any uglier than any other cable. Anyway, I'll give it a shot.

Here's another choice, similar to the Kanex... Monoprice. Yes, removing it from the key chain works best.

Well...I couldn't find a right angle that I thought would work at Fry's, so I went with this setup...

20161203_195853.jpg 20161203_195919.jpg

I have an iPad mini4 and it will not fit as you guys are showing... I wonder if they changed the design of the controller as it's as wide as possible but a fair way off sliding in...

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I think you are right and they have a little as previously people were finding that the right holder was on occasion pushing against the "Sports" mode switch and turning it on. I have a feeling they have restricted the movement of the arms a little. Just speculating though as this is not the first post I have seen re. this.

I think you are right and they have a little as previously people were finding that the right holder was on occasion pushing against the "Sports" mode switch and turning it on. I have a feeling they have restricted the movement of the arms a little. Just speculating though as this is not the first post I have seen re. this.
Yep, annoying as I like having a dedicated device... and because my iphone 6S has the issue with the battery randomly dying on occasion! (being replaced by apple when they get one in).

Here is everything you need to know about Mavic and tablets. Also he has links to his cable and other items

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J