DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Mavic mini FCC in Europe

SimsonBG

Reactions
Hello, next mounth I wil be in USA for two weeks and I am thinking of buying Mavic mini from there. I will use it in Bulgaria/Europe, so my question is how the FCC version will perform in Europe and will I get better range than tha CE version? Thank you. :)

Hello, next mounth I wil be in USA for two weeks and I am thinking of buying Mavic mini from there. I will use it in Bulgaria/Europe, so my question is how the FCC version will perform in Europe and will I get better range than tha CE version? Thank you. :)

No, apart from warranty issues you will have, you cannot get dji care refresh either if drone is purchased in different country >>>

When using an FCC aircraft in a country or area that does not support 5.8 GHz, DJI Fly will pop up a warning then you can fly it in countries and regions of FCC and SRRC, as well as 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions. In an unobstructed environment free of interference, the FCC Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 4 km in the FCC countries and regions,can reach 2.5 km in the SRRC countries and regions, and can reach 500 m in 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions. Thank you.

Reactions: SimsonBG
No, apart from warranty issues you will have, you cannot get dji care refresh either if drone is purchased in different country >>>

When using an FCC aircraft in a country or area that does not support 5.8 GHz, DJI Fly will pop up a warning then you can fly it in countries and regions of FCC and SRRC, as well as 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions. In an unobstructed environment free of interference, the FCC Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 4 km in the FCC countries and regions,can reach 2.5 km in the SRRC countries and regions, and can reach 500 m in 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions. Thank you.

So of I am travelling with my Mavic Air purchased in USA to Spain I still cam fly there is just that DJIGO app will change to CE o how does this work. Can you be more clear on this subject thanks.

I have used Floater to change from ce to fcc.
However, the forum says in many posts that the way to determine if you are on fcc or ce is to see how many channels are available. If there are 13, then you are on ce, and if you see 1 to 11, then you are fcc.
My question is, mine shows channels 2 to 10, not 1 to 11.
Can anyone tell me what this means? Thanks

I have used Floater to change from ce to fcc.
However, the forum says in many posts that the way to determine if you are on fcc or ce is to see how many channels are available. If there are 13, then you are on ce, and if you see 1 to 11, then you are fcc.
My question is, mine shows channels 2 to 10, not 1 to 11.
Can anyone tell me what this means? Thanks

Sounds like floater is not working correctly. It also means that you are using the incorrect radio spectrum, and are violating radio regulations, and could be interfering with a country’s emergency response systems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ