DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using single len FPV goggles for Mavic Mini

raulmavic

Reactions
Are you using your mobile phone or tablet for flying your Mavic Mini ?

In this video I'll show you how to use a flying goggles, your flying experience will improve a lot.

Forget about sun glares. You will get a brigther, clear image, despite full sunlight. As you are not disturbed from surroundings, flying inmersion is total.

For testing I used Ryze Tello, but for sure goggles works with Mavic Mini, as this kind of goggles need not an specialized VR mode programmed into DJI Fly application.

I would like to perform test into Mavic Mini myself but I'm still waiting...

All the best.

Reactions: doublesixes
Raul, there are some things that do not when you are using these.

1. The Ryze Tello FPV App does has a mode for split screen display, the DJI Fly has no such possibility. This would be the first problem as your eyes will not see the image, like you see it when flying the Tello.There is no app that can split the screen from a normal to 3d. If you find one, please share it with us.
2. The second issue would be with the touch controls. You can fly the mini, but everything that has only a touch interface, like camera exposure setting or exposure lock, or Map, or Battery/Temperature settings, or just general settings of the app cannot work as you cannot touch the screen.

There might be a workaround as some of these goggles come with a BT remote control where you can control stuff (see below). The problem as I see it, is that you need to be able to use the small BT remote without seeing it, as you have the goggles strapped on your head.

virtual-reality-box-google-cardboard-3d-glasses-with-bluetooth-remote-control-4395.jpg

I have one of this at home. Tonight once I'll get home, I'll check it out to see how it looks and how the control works.

Reactions: raulmavic
These foam goggles are discontinued. There are only few offers for single-lens goggles, see my thread: Goggles for Mavic Mini (and others)

You are right, Quanum V2 Pro are discontinued at Hobbyking, but I'm pretty sure you can find something similar in the web or even build yourself.

Main idea is they must have a single len, opposite more usual VR double lens googles on the market. That's the only way the can work with DJI Fly app.

Best regards.

The Ryze Tello FPV App does has a mode for split screen display, the DJI Fly has no such possibility. This would be the first problem as your eyes will not see the image, like you see it when flying the Tello.There is no app that can split the screen from a normal to 3d. If you find one, please share it with us.

Please, review video. You don't need to split screen for using my Single Lens FPV googles. DJI Fly application can be used with no problem.

single lens fpv goggle.jpg

The second issue would be with the touch controls. You can fly the mini, but everything that has only a touch interface, like camera exposure setting or exposure lock, or Map, or Battery/Temperature settings, or just general settings of the app cannot work as you cannot touch the screen.

Your are right, it's not possible to use touch screen. You should fly using remote controller buttons only.

Raul.

Reactions: WooZie and netsonic
Raul, you are awesome! My bad that I did not watch the entire movie, only about 2:40 where you are on the stereoscopic goggles. Yeah, it looks great !

Thanks for sharing. I will have to try this.

Reactions: raulmavic
Does not work on my goggles as I have stereoscopic ones. Cannot mod them either as they need to be longer and the plastic is solid.

Does not work on my goggles as I have stereoscopic ones. Cannot mod them either as they need to be longer and the plastic is solid.

@netsonic,

You need a new, single len FPV goggles. Various options available:

First option, try to find a used Quanum ones like mine, at ebay, for example.

quanum v2 pro.jpg

Or, buy a similar brand, like this: BeeRotor BVOne 5.8Ghz Diversity Receiver FPV Goggles w/ DVR

helipal fpv.jpg

Or, do it yourself using foam and a plastic fresnel lens. Lot of tutorials. For example, see here: DIY 50$ FPV Goggles !

fpv diy.jpg

Or, make a 3d print, see this model from thingiverse: FPV goggles for 5' LCD and rx5808-pro-diversity by DaveLister

thingiverse fpv.jpg

Of course, @GerdS option is great too and much more elegant: XIMMERSE Visor X https://es.gearbest.com/vr-accessories/pp_009576942453.html

xinmerse.jpg

Best regards.

Raul

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ112