Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very disappointed in Mavic Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhappy Pilot

Reactions
Hello guys.
I just bought mavic pro fly more combo here in Toronto Canada.
I was so excited to start making videos, but once i assembled it i realize that i cannot connect my Phone Asus Zenfone 4 Max because it USB port is reversed and the cable is so short that no way to twist it and still have enough length. This is not the only phone that has USB port like that.
I am very disappointed spending $1500 canadian (on sale) and now what? Buy another phone just to fly my drone??? DJI could've think of that espevially for their very expensive product!
The wire that I need is nowhere to be found and even if there is, i do not see why do i have to spend more time amd money now since I already spent so much money!
My next drone I will get not DJI. I am very mad!

Reactions: David73
You can also connect your phone to the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller using the cable you use to charge your phone.

No, other side of phone charger will not connect into remote. It is a special connection by dji only. Not regular usb.

Which kind of cable do you use to charge your phone?

I will get home later and make pictures and post here if i figure out how to post them...

The Asus Zenfone 4 Max has a reverse Micro USB port on the bottom. Here are a few things you can do:

1) Buy a short reverse Micro USB cable to use in place of the cables that came with your Mavic Pro. Here are a few cables you could use:

2) Connect a Micro USB to USB cable between your phone and the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller. You can use the long Micro USB cable that came with your Mavic Pro or the cable you use to charge your phone (as long as it's not a charge-only cable). You'll need to disconnect the short cable on the left side of the remote controller before attempting to use the bottom USB port.

DJI-Mavic-pro-remote-controller-usb-port.jpg

Its a non issue, if he just uses his own cord in the bottom USB port.
Looks like another user manual not even opened. If he is this disappointed now, just imagine how frustrated he is going to be! :D

I am planing to be on forum not just to complain. I will use USB on the bottom and start making videos soon.
However it is still not fair that such expensive drone does not match all phones. My phone is not the only model that has reversed port.
And i need another $20 to buy and ship reversed cable to Canada.

I just tried. Yes, I can use charging cable but ot is not looking so good with all that 3 feet wire hanging. I would rather have normal short cable that is suitable for my phone.
I am just disappointed in spending so much money and not being provided proper product.
I do not even have time to buy reversed cable now because I go on vacation tomorrow already.
It cannot be found in store, only online.

I just tried. Yes, I can use charging cable but ot is not looking so good with all that 3 feet wire hanging. I would rather have normal short cable that is suitable for my phone.
I am just disappointed in spending so much money and not being provided proper product.
I do not even have time to buy reversed cable now because I go on vacation tomorrow already.
It cannot be found in store, only online.

Want the moon on a stick too? They provide you with a USB cable that works for most people. If you want to use a non standard setup you can spend $1 on another cable.

DJI are unable to provide 300 different cables of different lengths in the mavic package to satisfy all people.

This may amazing you but most shops, airports and pretty much everywhere sell USB cables.

Want the moon on a stick too? They provide you with a USB cable that works for most people. If you want to use a non standard setup you can spend $1 on another cable.

DJI are unable to provide 300 different cables of different lengths in the mavic package to satisfy all people.

This may amazing you but most shops, airports and pretty much everywhere sell USB cables.
the proper reversed ahort cable will cost me $12.99 plus $7 for shipping to canada.

Reactions: Tshred57
Not the only one for sure, but it's rare. DJI aren't making everybody pay for an extra cable in the standard bundle that only 5% of people have a use for.
They could've just make it a little longer so people like me can twist it and still use it.

• Haha
Reactions: Rogat19
Or you can buy a longer cable. Theres no rule saying you have to use the cable that came out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000