DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Editing Software

bogieman456

Reactions
Hi..can anyone recommend an easy-to-learn video editing software package? I have a Mac..just looking to produce
a vid using a decent array of tools and add music and narration in separate tracks. Newbie to this obviously...going to
shoot in RAW with my new Mavic 2 Pro..

I did my first Mavic edits in iMovie. It's easy, but obviously limited (and I doubt it'll take those raw files)
Now I'm using DaVinci Resolve. It's robust and free(!) but it can be a rabbit hole. It's great for color correction.

Reactions: Thanatos
You can find a list of commonly used video editors here. Check out YouTube for how-to videos on the video editor of your choice.

Hey.

I've been using 'da vinci resolve' for Windows. I'm sure theres a mac os version. It's great. Just Google some YouTube videos on how to use it. Took me about 1 or 2 hours of playing with it before I was able to edit, trim, speed up clips segments, reverse etc. Love it. Make my videos look professional.

Thanks Ronan

Yep! Many questions are. That's why I made a list ;)
And, I for one love that list. I keep it bookmarked for reference. But, still, a lot of times I also use the SEARCH function here on the forums. Maybe it's just me, but isn't that what SEARCH is for??

Hi..can anyone recommend an easy-to-learn video editing software package? I have a Mac..just looking to produce
a vid using a decent array of tools and add music and narration in separate tracks. Newbie to this obviously...going to
so, if you use M2P, and will start shooting 4K video using dlog-m colorspace, you will need to reprocess your feed to apply a LUT profile to convert dlog-m into rec.709.
LUTs are for download at the DJI site. they also have a pdf manual there on how to do it. on PC i use free Davinci Resolve v15 - a very good editor. on Mac - not sure, i think the final cut pro x is the only choice.

I use Final Cut Pro X in my Mac, you can try for free for 30 days. Alternatively you can use DaVinci Resolve for Mac, I have not used it myself, but a lot people in this forum use it with great results. I think it all depends on how much time you want to invest to develop your process flow and learn editing techniques, post process flow.

so, if you use M2P, and will start shooting 4K video using dlog-m colorspace, you will need to reprocess your feed to apply a LUT profile to convert dlog-m into rec.709.
LUTs are for download at the DJI site. they also have a pdf manual there on how to do it. on PC i use free Davinci Resolve v15 - a very good editor. on Mac - not sure, i think the final cut pro x is the only choice.
Hey thanks very much paulatkin73..will check out final cut pro x..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661