DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video format

rondogg

Reactions
what playback format or program is required to play video from the sd card in the mavic pro?

what playback format or program is required to play video from the sd card in the mavic pro?
Is is recorded in .mp4 or the apple equivalent (.wav) I think. You can decide which format to record in, you can play it on a standard computer however it may be twitchy or slow unless you have a new PC system.

What you should do is to copy the vids from the SD card to your PC hard drive. Then you can play/edit them. If you start tweaking images/vids on the card, you may lose the file(s). That way, you always have a "Master Backup".
If you are using a PC, then it should play natively, whether either .Mov, or .Mpeg format. Just be aware, that if you have an older PC, say 3/4 years old, it may not play 4K smoothly, and it also helps to have a dedicated video card, the older integrated video cards usually cannot handle the 4K bits. You may have to drop down the the 2k format if your PC , is, say a wee bit on the elder side.

Also, you can switch to either .mov, or .Mpeg in the app when it is connected. Remember, all setting in the app only change and save if you are connected to your Mavic/RC

Reactions: Imtnbike
I hope i can borrow this thread. I have maby a stupid question.....

I have only used my mav 2 times and I filmed. I have the video in my phone. When do I need the sd card?
I edit my video on my ipad and the video I downloaded from the Dji Go 4...

I'm new to this myself, but I'm pretty sure the video on your phone is not full quality. I believe, at best, it's 1080p, and could be lower depending on the settings and signal strength. I assume the bitrate is lower too compared to what's stored directly on the drone. And, if you have any signal glitches, between the drone and the RC, that won't affect what's stored on the sd card.

Reactions: Sep and Piggelin
I hope i can borrow this thread. I have maby a stupid question.....

I have only used my mav 2 times and I filmed. I have the video in my phone. When do I need the sd card?
I edit my video on my ipad and the video I downloaded from the Dji Go 4...

The video on your device is a low res version. If you download it after recording, you can get the same quality as what is on the card. If you use it this way, you technically don't need the SD card to have access to the video. However, most people prefer the ease of using the card on their computer.

Reactions: Piggelin
Thanks for your quick response.

I try don't use my computer anymore i only use my ipad.

Thanks for your quick response.

I try don't use my computer anymore i only use my ipad.
You're really limiting yourself this way, but if it works for you you'll be OK as long as you aren't expecting great quality. You'll need a newer iPad to be able to handle 4K video.

As far as the OP, in addition to what Bunny wrote (although the Apple format is MOV, not WAV), the best video player is probably VLC. It's free and has the codecs built in to play just about anything.

Reactions: Piggelin
You're really limiting yourself this way, but if it works for you you'll be OK as long as you aren't expecting great quality. You'll need a newer iPad to be able to handle 4K video.

As far as the OP, in addition to what Bunny wrote (although the Apple format is MOV, not WAV), the best video player is probably VLC. It's free and has the codecs built in to play just about anything.

IPad mini 4 doesn’t support 4K. Have to save money for a MacBook Pro but now what will be the best set up ? Quality and fps ! Thanks for your help!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661