DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Recording issues; please offer your feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dronenewbie8

Reactions
Would anyone with the time or interest please view these two videos and tell me if you see anything wrong? (You’ll most likely have to download them from Google Drive and then view in your video editing program) One video has choppiness when recording with the gimbal pointed straight down (pls ignore the first 6 seconds); the second video has some weird waviness going on it.

Four of my friends, all on different machines – PCs & iMacs - have each told me there are definitely issues. I sent these to DJI and they replied that No, all is fine. Thanks for any feedback.

- DJI_0437 – choppiness, gimbal straight down

- DJI_0433 - weird things happening
DJI_0433 - weird things happening, waviness.MP4

Last edited:
It looks like you are set to record H.265/HEVC and it takes a fair amount of horsepower to run as it is highly compressed compared to H.264. It's pretty common for it to be choppy like that if you are trying to view/edit on a PC that doesn't have high enough specs. It plays fine on my desktop which is pretty beefy but my Surface Pro 5 won't play HEVC without it being choppy and that is exactly what happened when I viewed it on it.

You can either upgrade your hardware, use an editor like Premiere that allows "proxies" or change the settings on your Mavic to record in H.264. But I'd agree with DJI, nothing seems wrong with your drone.

Agree with @MrChris .... not a stutter or glitch... completely smooth video when watched on my iPhone XMax.
Time to beef up your hardware or record in a less demanding mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser