DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

tommneu

Reactions
Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a great start into 2022!

I have noticed something weird with my Mavic Air2 several times now. I've had it for half a year now and never crashed or dropped it.
Since last month, the gimbal sometimes suddenly tilts down while flying backwards. I will try to attach an example clip.
Also even after calibrating everything, the drone doesn't hover in one place after flying from point A to point B but floats a meter to the side or slightly descends. Can someone analyze my flight record? I really dont know how to read that flight log. Just let me know if you need any further information or if I've missed a thread where this has already been discussed. :)

Here is the link to the flight from today
And here are two examples of the issue:

Thank you a lot!

Cheers
Tom

I recently had the same problem with my Mini 2.
I solved (so far) by deleting and reinstalling DJI Fly.
Just a suggestion to try. (may have to do it twice)

Wish you well captain.

Started happening to me recently when flying over water too. It is because of the reflections of the sun getting in the sensors and they think it's an obstacle.
Go to the three dots menu on the top right, safety tab and disable the sensors.
Be careful!! When sensors are disabled the drone can crash into things backwards if you're not careful.

The drone is basically braking to an invisible obstacle, which is the reflection of light from the water in the sensor. This also can happen when flying into the sun.

I recommend disabling sensors only when necessary, and setting the option back to brake when over land!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair