DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

jherridge1

Reactions
Are you looking for a tool to plan your next video shoot with a drone? Look no further! I will share with you my idea for such a tool that uses Google Maps and Grafio 3 as a diagramming tool. Planning your next video shoot will be quick and easy. Don’t miss another video shot due to lack of planning or your battery dies.

Checkout my latest video and let me know what you think of my idea. Video shot with DJI Mavic Pro.

Video:

I do this today using Google Earth Pro. I then save a picture to my phone to review before launching. My objective is to be safe, get quality shots and get out.
Many communities here in the NY area have town codes or ordinance that prohibit flying a drone. With a bit of planning, similar to your ideas, I can know the risks, stay LOS, not fly over people and be on my way in 5 minutes.

I like this, I use PhotoPills for my still photography planning, it has many tools that are beneficial to this sort of thing. Could probably be made to work with aerial videography.

Here is a screenshot from the planner module on the iPhone (better with a tablet)

e2c7558c66f88b7bdf0385e725002548.jpg

There's litchi virtual mission just for that (though it works only on Windows machines... Or Mac + virtual machine). Works really nicely

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69