DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision Sensor Calibration Aircraft movement Error

Rogerc

Reactions
Got an alert after firmware update that Vision Sensors need to be calibrated. I watched YouTube Videos and read everlything I could find on the subject. It won't let me calibrate after I do the first step it says Aircraft movement error and I can't continue. Get in a loop and can't get past this stage. Have latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

You need clear space around the screen to move the drone, since I use a not big laptop I had to prop the laptop on its edge and open the screen to its fullest extent before I had the clearance.
Prior to that I couldn't get down into the lower left section of the calibration display.

You need clear space around the screen to move the drone, since I use a not big laptop I had to prop the laptop on its edge and open the screen to its fullest extent before I had the clearance.
Prior to that I couldn't get down into the lower left section of the calibration display.
Very good advice, thank you.

I have a small laptop too and since I don't use forward obstacle avoidance anyway, I've been ignoring a vision sensor calibration message for quite a while, now I might just do it and get rid of the pop up.

Got an alert after firmware update that Vision Sensors need to be calibrated. I watched YouTube Videos and read everlything I could find on the subject. It won't let me calibrate after I do the first step it says Aircraft movement error and I can't continue. Get in a loop and can't get past this stage. Have latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
It just takes a few goes to get it right. Once you get to the end, don't be surprised if it fails. I've had to do a couple of times now and usually successful on 2nd attempt

Do not move the drone from the start location to follow the path from square to square. Angle the drone so the sensor points from square to square. Tricky and heavy with the drone at arms length.

Got it after several hours trying different methods.
1. If you have 2 monitors only hook 1 up.
2. If you get a movement error immediately uninstall the Assistant 2 and reinstall.
3. Set your monitor to 1080 resolution.
4. Don't use a big monitor like a 32 inch. Just messes things up.
If I didn't do everything on this list I would get assorted errors like "movement" or "Failed due to screen resolution" etc.
DJI needs to clean this up or put out an easier way to do the calibration.
Saw one post where they had to send it to DJI for Calibration because he could not get it to work. Charged him $260.
Also notices this need for sensor calibration happens often after a firmware update.
Hope this helps others in the future.
RC

Reactions: KansasSkies21
Have the same issue and finally got frustrated and quit. Looking for solution

Posting this in 2023, as I've had the same problem after buying a Mavic 2 Zoom secondhand, using my 14" pc laptop, and have just sorted it. Sharing just in case it's useful to anyone else.

The sensors needed recalibrating - I downloaded DJI Assistant for Window 10 (for consumer drones), but every time I started recalibration it would come up with "aircraft movement error" after a few seconds. Repeatedly. After looking at forums such as this I tried re-installing, but same thing happened again and again.

Finally changed laptop monitor resolution as mentioned by a mac user on a DJI forum - from 1920x1080 to 1366x768. Re-installed DJI Assistant, and it worked!! Once it was done it took about 10 mins to calibrate and warning has gone. Thank crunchie.

Reactions: Fizzbang
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998