DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vr question

Ridgemart

Reactions
When using a cheap vr google with a Mavic Mini how can you use the phone touch screen if’s inside the vr headset?
Taking the phone out of the goggles each time you need the touch screen doesn’t seem workable!
What does everyone else do to overcome this issue?
Thanks

When using a cheap vr google with a Mavic Mini how can you use the phone touch screen if’s inside the vr headset?
Taking the phone out of the goggles each time you need the touch screen doesn’t seem workable!
What does everyone else do to overcome this issue?
Thanks
As you know, the phone has to go inside the goggles when you're flying. You also have figured out that from time to time you need to access the phone's screen. The convenience of accessing the phone while flying is largely a matter of which goggles you purchase. I've tested several, and the following is my conclusion.

The CHEAP VR goggles that I recommend are these Shinecon brand. Do not buy the ones that accomodate earphones. What makes these goggles better than the others I've tried is the weight, size, adpaptability... but most importanly the ability to access the phone.

You will see from the photo that there is a "slot" in the front where you slide your phone in. No tray. No hinged door. So to access the phone, you slide the phone out, push the goggles up for a moment until you've done your business, and then reverse to get back to flying. The slot makes it easy to get the phone's positioning right without taking the mounted phone and tray out or opening a door.

The other goggles that work, but are MUCH more expensive ($170 USD when I last checked) are the DroneMask goggles, aka Magimask. Those do not need any special program like Litchi, Drone VR or Maven as the goggles do the splitting, so can be used with the new Mini 3 or Mavic 3 which aren't yet supported by 3rd party programs. They can also be easy when accessing the phone for small adjustments as you don't have to take the goggles off. When installing only partially zip the enclosure. Then when a phone adjustment is needed, unzip, push the flap way about an inch so you can get your finer in there. The diopters magnifying the image will let you see what your finger is doing. Then just rezip when done. The other downside to the DroneMask is that they are heavy.

With the Mini or Mini 2, buy the ones I'm recommending below and get Litchi, DroneVR and/or Maven. Each has its strengths and weaknesses for flying FPV.

1664227616722.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead