DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wake me up when it's OK to upgrade my Smart Controller !

Paci Fista

Reactions
I have followed the forum threads on the SC firmware upgrade (6th and 11th January 2020), and refrained from upgrading till it's safe. This is standard procedure in large software installations: you wait till the Seattle firm has worked out the bugs, which is usually by the time they release the next upgrade. New upgrades are deployed to a secondary system to tinker with and potentially roll out quickly if security risks demand it. I don't have that luxury here (no second SC...) so, please, will someone in the know post a definitive 'go ahead' on the forum once the time is there ? It is a bit tiresome to read all the different issues and how to try and deal with them and how some of our friends have even tried to roll back the upgrade. To quote a revered forum member: 'Dic mihi solum facta, dominus/a' (Nothing but the facts, please).

My standard of thinking is ”if it’s working why fix It”. Never fix something unless it’s broken. Sorry to bother you in your deep sleep.?

wake up, a new version was released Monday with kernel 4.4.83, which has fixed the log issue,
How do I find the Kernel? I just downloaded and installed (3rd time) the update and it still will not sync to Air Data. It did sync to DJI this time but now it looks like I do nothing but fly a drone! Doubled the hours in my flight record.

It also keeps telling me that Google Play app stopped working.

I depend on AirData a lot and the loss of this syncing ability is disheartening.

Thanks in advance!

you need to do a refresh and the updated version will install, google play services are messed up but I hear a few have reinstalled after the Monday update to the kernel, the new kernel number is 4.4,83, check if that's what you have. go to the settings screen scroll down to about controller I think it is, its one of the bottom ones anyway, click on it and you should see it,

Reactions: Gindra
you need to do a refresh and the updated version will install, google play services are messed up but I hear a few have reinstalled after the Monday update to the kernel, the new kernel number is 4.4,83, check if that's what you have. go to the settings screen scroll down to about controller I think it is, its one of the bottom ones anyway, click on it and you should see it,
Just checked. That is the kernel number I have. Sync works fine. However, the AirData Sync (HD Sync) is not working still.

I've loading it and reloaded it and refreshed it several times now. Even rolled it back to previous FW jus to make sure THAT still worked. It was fine. Maybe I'll roll it back once more and leave it there until everyone in cyberspace is happy :) . Thanks for your help raven swe.

I have not reinstalled google play again as I didn't really need it, but my HD sync still works, I'm not sure if HD sync needs google services to work, I don't think it does.

I have not reinstalled google play again as I didn't really need it, but my HD sync still works, I'm not sure if HD sync needs google services to work, I don't think it does.
Yeah, I'm baffled. Just rolled back to previous FW and AirData is working fine. So is Google Play. Thanks for your help though. I really appreciate it.

this might be of help for you Gindra, it might work for you but it broke mine, now I have no sync on either the old version or the new, should have left it alone I think. nice new app thou with more features than just sync.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gindra
this might be of help for you Gindra, it might work for you but it broke mine, now I have no sync on either the old version or the new, should have left it alone I think. nice new app thou with more features than just sync.

Thanks! I might try this. Depends on how much of a gambler I feel like :) . Will let you know how it goes if I do decide to try it.

So, I downloaded the apk from the AirData link after deleting HD Sync from my SC. But when I went to install the app, I immediately got the message that the "Package Installer has Stopped". Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

cant help there, when I installed it I downloaded to pc then dragged it in to the download folder on the SC, SD card, which was already plugged into the pc and installed from there, my new app works ok now, it doesn't show how many files are being synced like the old version did, its now says sync started and you just have to wait till you see sync finished, that's why I thought it was not working, I was not giving it enough time to sync, as nothing was showing what was happening, I just closed the app down.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31