DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning: .05 Mavic firmware removes ability to Abort autolanding

Wait... The latest batch of programmers at DJI and logic?? Something there does not compute...danger Will Robinson Danger....
That's funny

You date yourself making reference to Will Robinson. I hadn't heard that one for a very long time

i've always been curious about the pause button, i pushed it a few times and nothing happened?
I heard someone else mention hitting pause while in all out sport mode. Brought it to a screaming halt and almost pointed vertical in the process. I'm sure that stunt puts a lot of stress on the aircraft so I would not recommended doing it, except for the one time so you could say you did.

I heard someone else mention hitting pause while in all out sport mode. Brought it to a screaming halt and almost pointed vertical in the process. I'm sure that stunt puts a lot of stress on the aircraft so I would not recommended doing it, except for the one time so you could say you did.
With the latest firmware hitting the pause button does not stop the Mavic as aggressively as with .04. This aggressive stopping could put stress on the AC if going 40 mph, but it would be nice to still have it for stopping very quickly at slower speeds when near the ground when you realize you didn't leave enough stopping distance, especially when in Cinematic Mode where it drifts farther.

As i see in a video .... the sport mood will abort the autolandind

I just downgraded to 0400. Latest Go 4 App. So, there's no issue when you Downgrade FW and use latest DJI Go 4 app.

The latest Mavic firmware (.05) has removed the ability to abort the autolanding procedure. I don't know if this was intentional or a mistake, but I have rolled back my firmware as I NEED the ability to abort autolanding. There is a known problem with water causing the Mavic to believe it is closer to the surface than it is. If you are over water and it believes you are near the surface and you go full stick down, it might start autolanding. If you can't abort (as with firmware .05) say goodbye to your Mavic.
I've renamed my P3s the "SLOPPY GILLOPY" after flying my new Mavic!!

I've renamed my P3s the "SLOPPY GILLOPY" after flying my new Mavic!!
Haha. Yeah. The Mavic is pretty amazing. I have some "killer" video of a shark frenzy. But I'm hesitant to post it as I'm guessing someone will fault me for something.

Haha. Yeah. The Mavic is pretty amazing. I have some "killer" video of a shark frenzy. But I'm hesitant to post it as I'm guessing someone will fault me for something.
i wont

upload it as unlisted and send me a privet link

Over at the DJI Forum they a reporting the next firmware update will restore the ability to abort auto-land with up stick. So very good news and a win for common sense.

I did quite a bit of testing and the OP is incorrect, .500 does not disable the ability to stop autolanding. Only sometimes it doesn't work, but for me only about once in 10 tries. Could have been the same in .400.

Kilrah, Yes I recall you had a different experience with this as compared to others who tested this issue with .500. I also tested it extensively and it was only aborting with the mode switch, when landing protection was on. Whilst you may disagree, it doesn't really matter. DJI has acknowledged the issue and agreed to restore the feature. So everybody should be happy.

hi guys, is this the only problem you have with th FW ?
I am flying the mavic for only few days, however I am flying dji machin for long time

I didn't had any issue( DIDN'T EVEN TRY RTH ) what so ever.
I am very pleased with the hole system for now.

I am running a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge ( its basicly a revision of Note 4 with edge like screen )
.500 FW

Kilrah, Yes I recall you had a different experience with this as compared to others who tested this issue with .500. I also tested it extensively and it was only aborting with the mode switch, when landing protection was on. Whilst you may disagree, it doesn't really matter. DJI has acknowledged the issue and agreed to restore the feature. So everybody should be happy.

So I guess that if "multiple flight modes" is disable that wouldn't work, right?
If this is correct we need to keep that in mind....

Scary

MJ

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78