DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning. The Fly app 1.4.8 isn't stable.

I'm sorry I didn't fully understand your answer. now i understand what you mean.

Someone asked whether to use 1.4.2 or 1.4.4. I did not see an answer. I have downloaded 1.4.4, but would still like to see this question answered, please.

First day installed the fly app 1.4.8.
Brought 2 batteries to shoot some video.
No problems with first battery. Landed, changed batt and took off again. After 10 mins in the air the app freezes. But not completely. Everything on screen does not respond at all. Funny thing is the Camera video feed was still working. Remote was working. After I landed the Air 2S i couldn't even stop the video recording. Any one experienced this? Although I like the new radar scope on the bottom right, and the camera controls, I will be rolling back to the previous version. Using Redmi Note 10 pro with 8gb ram.

Update: After I looked at the video clips, the app seems to function because after the drone landed. I tapped stop button to stop the recording. Nothing happened. Actually it did stop recording. And started recording when I pressed the record button again and started and stopped several times. So the interface was working but nothing was moving.
I have an Air2 and am currently still running 1.4.0 and never updated as all is working good.
As they say why fix it if it aint broke.

You can get a link to Dl the 1.4.8 beta here. Watch video in youtube, the link is in the introduction text below the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using 1.4.4 and no issue. I did the downgrade
My older phone has no issues. Just sticking to the old phone. Wanted to give it to my mother to upgrade her phone. Guess I need to buy one for her now.

Hi, today I flew the Mini 2 and I encountered problems with the app 1.4.8 (1120) As soon as I turned on the app did not connect to the drone so I rebooted and everything was fine!
During the first flight, after a while I did an RTH, the drone returned to the take-off point but then the app went crazy .. RTH blocked no longer worked and "Altitude and Distance" data blocked at a previous value. (see screen).
So I decided to uninstall version 1120 and install Beta 1185.
After I flew (3 batteries) and no problem. Strange that the first flights as soon as I took the mini didn't give me these problems ..
Hope DJI releases an updated official version. For now this Beta 1.4.8 (1185) seems to be working fine

Screenshot_20210908-082954.jpg

If DJI releases a new drone, and it uses Fly, it will be updated .. The question then becomes will the software support for a new model, fixes any of the current issues?

Course the current issues seem to be somewhat divided, IOS seem for the most part not to be having problems. Where many droid users have reverted to previous versions because they can, whereas with IOS, you cannot, you just never install the update if you are concerned about it.

I am using v1.4.8 (1120) on a DJI unlisted old Android. Only once the app got frozen when the drone was mid-air and I had to restart the app in airplane mode. No further issue so far.

This is true, but DJI is already aware of the problem and has recently released this Beta and seems to have solved all these problems. made three more batteries and no problems found.

Do you recommend flying with your smartphone in "Airplane" mode or leaving the GPS and data network active?

I am using v1.4.8 (1120) on a DJI unlisted old Android. Only once the app got frozen when the drone was mid-air and I had to restart the app in airplane mode. No further issue so far.
This happened to me using the Smart Controller. Furthermore, upon restarting the app the telemetry was frozen so I had to restart it yet again. Very, very buggy....

I just bought a Galaxy S20 and it's failing like crazy for me. I had to close and restart the app 4 times on a 20 minute flight today. Are they ever going to fix this?

I just bought a Galaxy S20 and it's failing like crazy for me. I had to close and restart the app 4 times on a 20 minute flight today. Are they ever going to fix this?
Went from 1.4.8 (1120), where I was having some of those problems with my S21, to Beta 1.4.8 (1185). You might want to try that to see how it works for you.

Went from 1.4.8 (1120), where I was having some of those problems with my S21, to Beta 1.4.8 (1185). You might want to try that to see how it works for you.
Where do I find the Beta? Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78