DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warnings preventing safe flight!

Qoncussion

Reactions
I was flying in a field, where I fly often - more than 30 miles from the nearest airport, and literally in the middle of nowhere, when I received this warning on my screen (see image below). No problem - I clicked the two check-boxes, and hit confirm. This error persistently popped back up every two seconds - often times even faster. I literally could not keep up with it. There is a makeshift helicopter landing sight at one end of this field (not officially designated as such), and I work with the guys at Cal-Fire who use this spot during fire season (which it currently is not). I have permission to fly here any time I want, even during fire season, and clicked the options on the warning screen to say, yes I have permission - now leave me alone! But the message was so persistent, that I no longer had FPV. I'm an experienced pilot and had no problem bringing the Mavic home safely. But, "really"?

Anyone else ever lose their FPV view due to a persistent error message? Any thoughts?

Screenshot_20170228-113231_Warning.png

Are you in a yellow no fly zone? If so, just turn the Geo Fencing option off in the DJI Go App 4.

Image not showing here, but I'll sometime get this on days when there is Military Low Flying exercises.
I'm actually quite impressed it doesn't show on days they aren't doing it so far as I can tell.
It only comes up once at the start though, and turning the geo system off will disable it - but I appreciate the warning even though it probably only means you might see a jet once in the whole day.

I had that happen, a quick reboot of everything sorted it.

I often get it once per flight because our club is in a NFZ but this was driving me crazy lol...typical i was trying to demo it to a club mate at the time.

If you're at the fringe of the zone and continuously exit/reenter it it will come up again, but I've found that if I stay in it only comes once.

Are you in a yellow no fly zone? If so, just turn the Geo Fencing option off in the DJI Go App 4.
I am going to kill geo-fencing to see if that works in this location. The location where I was shooting is down in a valley where no aircraft can fly. So I'll see how that goes.

I was flying in a field, where I fly often - more than 30 miles from the nearest airport, and literally in the middle of nowhere, when I received this warning on my screen (see image below). No problem - I clicked the two check-boxes, and hit confirm. This error persistently popped back up every two seconds - often times even faster. I literally could not keep up with it. There is a makeshift helicopter landing sight at one end of this field (not officially designated as such), and I work with the guys at Cal-Fire who use this spot during fire season (which it currently is not). I have permission to fly here any time I want, even during fire season, and clicked the options on the warning screen to say, yes I have permission - now leave me alone! But the message was so persistent, that I no longer had FPV. I'm an experienced pilot and had no problem bringing the Mavic home safely. But, "really"?

Anyone else ever lose their FPV view due to a persistent error message? Any thoughts?

Screenshot_20170228-113231_Warning.png
Sounds like the app bugged out. It should NEVER be persistent. It should only give that message once.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe