DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Watch out for that duck!

psloan

Reactions
Was shooting some video over the lake I was camping at this 4th of july weekend. Had a close encounter with a duck!

went to slow motion around the 50 second mark. I am pretty sure it was within a couple feet of my drone.

Last edited:
2 WOW's!

1. That Duck, (I thought the video was crapping out on me until i realized you slowed it down for us)... close call and i like how he came around again like a game of duck hunt..
2. Beautiful location!!!!! Not sure if its your video or just youtube but up until you get over that lake its a little hazy but then boom the entire video goes high def and my god that location is amazing.. love the mountain reflections on the water!

Where is this? Looks like Montana to me but then again everything looks like that to me thats beautiful with mountains lol.

2 WOW's!

1. That Duck, (I thought the video was crapping out on me until i realized you slowed it down for us)... close call and i like how he came around again like a game of duck hunt..
2. Beautiful location!!!!! Not sure if its your video or just youtube but up until you get over that lake its a little hazy but then boom the entire video goes high def and my god that location is amazing.. love the mountain reflections on the water!

Where is this? Looks like Montana to me but then again everything looks like that to me thats beautiful with mountains lol.
1. yes I slowed it down to 10%. that duck almost looks fake, like from some arcade game or something :)
2. Beautiful place. Blessed to live in a state (Washington state) that has many such places (check out my other youtube videos) the haze, I am pretty sure that's from youtube. not there on the source.

Thanks for the reply.

Fly easy my freind.

--pat

thats what you call close encounters of the glad it missed kind ,,did you remember to duck ? ???

Was shooting some video over the lake I was camping at this 4th of july weekend. Had a close encounter with a duck!

went to slow motion around the 50 second mark. I am pretty shire it was within a couple feet of my drone.

Beautiful scenery. You probably scared the hell out of that duck in its nest.

Absolutely stunning shot!!! Your slow move in is PERFECT! You picked the perfect time of day too with no movement in the water whatsoever, so it looks like glass. Pro stuff my friend. I know you contribute a lot to this site. Keep it up.

Reactions: itsneedtokno

went to slow motion around the 50 second mark. I am pretty sure it was within a couple feet of my drone.

Looks like a male widgeon. It's nesting time so prob checking you out as you flew near the nest. Lovely footage.

Reactions: psloan
A

Abso-freaking-lutely amazing

Reactions: psloan
Nice video, beautiful place.

Just out of curiousity does anyone else think the duck's head up, feet down posture suggests it might have been coming in for a landing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely stunning shot!!! Your slow move in is PERFECT! You picked the perfect time of day too with no movement in the water whatsoever, so it looks like glass. Pro stuff my friend. I know you contribute a lot to this site. Keep it up.

Thank you Dave. when I have time I will definitely making a longer video to share. I shot a lot of footage over the weekend.

Thought so too but it could have been an aggressive manouvere.

I thought so too, but you can also see it after it looped around and took off flying again. Maybe it got spooked on the approach and aborted the landing all together.

--pat

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998