DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint question.

HwyKnight

Reactions
Can you plan waypoint routes without being connected to the aircraft? If so, how? It would be nice to just turn on my ipad, plan/save a route, then load it up at the flying location.

And then watch in Google Earth before bird even takes flight, great for making sure camera is right.

Reactions: Krvelasco
Reactions: Krvelasco
I wanted to know if it could be done without being connected to the drone
As I noted above, the answer is yes. That guide includes more details on how that can be done.

To summarize:
  • You need to use an Apple device
  • The Mavic needs to be connected to DJI GO until you get into the Waypoints section of DJI GO
  • The waypoint altitude cannot be set above 65 feet when the Mavic is disconnected from DJI GO

Unfortunately the DJI Go4 App will not allow you to plan your waypoint mission "offline" if you are using a Mavic Pro. Only works with Mavic Pro 2 and Zoom. To do this offline you'll need to purchase the Litchi app. Really hope DJI makes this available for us "older" Mavic pilots. I'd rather stay with their app but they are forcing me to do otherwise.

Reactions: Jan Zoom
Unfortunately the DJI Go4 App will not allow you to plan your waypoint mission "offline" if you are using a Mavic Pro. Only works with Mavic Pro 2 and Zoom. To do this offline you'll need to purchase the Litchi app. Really hope DJI makes this available for us "older" Mavic pilots. I'd rather stay with their app but they are forcing me to do otherwise.
Is there a reason DJI would not offer it for the Mavic Pro in future updates?

Reactions: Steady Eddie
Litchi and vlm together can't be out done. (Yet )

Is there a reason DJI would not offer it for the Mavic Pro in future updates?
I'd like to hear an answer to that one too. The Mavic Pro is pretty much old hat now, so maybe DJI will not offer the waypoint feature for MP in GO4 so as to encourage MP owners to upgrade.

VLM = Virtual Litchi Mission

Virtual Litchi Mission

Litchi and VLM (and Google Earth) provide a way to pre-program a waypoint mission using the comfort of a desktop computer with a large display then test that mission (using Google Earth). This combination provides a way to perfect your mission before powering up your drone.

Having used this method for some time now, I find I rarely ever go back to using DJI Go (4).

Reactions: Isthatmyusername
Novice learning ... Litchi App??? U mean get this app from the App Store to initiate the waypoints commands elaborated in below commentaries? Help ... Tk U

Novice learning ... Litchi App??? U mean get this app from the App Store to initiate the waypoints commands elaborated in below commentaries? Help ... Tk U

It is an app you purchase ($25) in the app store, it runs missions and uploads waypoints and details to the drone. It is a self contained app, i.e. it replaces DJI Go4 or whatever you're using.

1. It is an app you purchase ($25) in the app store, it runs missions and uploads waypoints and details to the drone. It is a self contained app, i.e. it replaces DJI Go4 or whatever you're using.
    It is an app you purchase ($25) in the app store, it runs missions and uploads waypoints and details to the drone. It is a self contained app, i.e. it replaces DJI Go4 or whatever you're using.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl