DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints, but no cell data

Roger Gorman

Reactions
Greetings all, from a (nearly) sunny Mauritius. I'm here on holiday with my new 2 pro.

I've cached the island on Google maps, which works well when driving around the island.

But the moment I power up the Mavic and try to establish waypoints, the map thumbnail is totally blank. So I can't see any info to pin the waypoints etc. With all the trees etc on the beach front I just want to be careful.

All ideas very welcome.

Thanks,

Rog

After you cache the maps in DJI Go 4 , you need to keep the app open on your device and not close it

You could also try this method

Awesome. Thank you Iannes.

Unfortunately I've just realised that with the "Here Maps" method you can't get SAT maps in offline mode, you'll need a connection to do this

For way points at a detailed level , SAT maps might be 1-3 years old, so there might be some new trees and structures in place that weren't previously there.
The zoomed in detail of SAT maps might not be able to identify individual trees etc.

I suspect way points are better for when you fly at a higher altitude and using the drone camera FPV style with obstacle avoidance turned on is better for flying among trees

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp