DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints & Camera Tilt...?

Qoncussion

Reactions
I'm setting up a waypoint mission using DJI Go 4. I need to fly and shoot the exact same shot numerous times. The only problem I am having is determining how far to tilt the camera each time, as camera tilt info is not included with the waypoint mission. Is there somewhere within Go 4 that shows how many degrees down the camera is tilted? I've seen it in the logs, but don't think I've run across it in the app.

Thanks

In my humble opinion you would be better using Litchi as it controls all movement of the MP and the camera/gimbal.

Even better, go to FPV Camera app.
It is fully compatible with all the latest dji updates.
It's by far, the best 3rd party app for the DJi products.
You can pre program a waypoint mission then fly later.
You can't do that with the Go apo!

Perfect... Heading to the App Store.

Kevin, one thing to remember in the litchi mission hub is "focus" does not mean to focus the camera as in, out-of-focus to in-focus.. It means "pointing" the camera at a particular location.

Kevin, one thing to remember in the litchi mission hub is "focus" does not mean to focus the camera as in, out-of-focus to in-focus.. It means "pointing" the camera at a particular location.
Good to know! That alone would have had me self-medicating as the drone kept flying out-of-focus circles around every object I was trying to get in focus :D

Good to know! That alone would have had me self-medicating as the drone kept flying out-of-focus circles around every object I was trying to get in focus :D

Yes, after about 2-3 missions, I had an enlightening moment and realized what "focus" actually meant in Litchi.

Ok gang... So I got Litchi and programmed a waypoint mission. Nowhere do I see where I can edit the camera tilt. I programmed the mission while flying, setting four waypoints - each at different altitudes, and each facing towards a unique direction. That all works great. At each waypoint, I tilted the camera down to a different inclination (different at each waypoint). When I flew the mission, the camera remained in the same position the entire time. Everything else worked.

Where/how can I set the camera tilt for each waypoint?

mICX0zC.jpg

Reactions: Qoncussion
Yep. What Halley said. Just remember also your altitude is based off of the takeoff point altitude, versus the terrain.

Since I'm totally new to Litchi and their website, let me ask... How do I move missions between mt device and their site? One of my waypoint missions requires flying under a bridge. I want to manually fly and set the waypoints, then load it up to the flylitchi.com site and edit the camera's tilt. Is this doable? On their site I tried using "import" under missions to transfer a mission from my device, but nothing happens when I click to import.

Since I'm totally new to Litchi and their website, let me ask... How do I move missions between mt device and their site?
Provided that your mobile device is logged in to the same account as you are accessing in the mission hub there is no need to move anything. Missions will seamlessly sync between the Hub and any devices that you have logged in to the same account. In my case an Android phone and an iPad.

One of my waypoint missions requires flying under a bridge. I want to manually fly and set the waypoints, then load it up to the flylitchi.com site and edit the camera's tilt. Is this doable?
Yeah should be fine, Fly around in Litchi Waypoint mode pressing the C1 or C2 button, depending on how you program it to drop Waypoints or POIs at the aircraft. I believe it may even record the gimbal orientation and tilt at this stage as well so this may simplify things for you.

On their site I tried using "import" under missions to transfer a mission from my device, but nothing happens when I click to import.
That is intended for importing a mission previously exported to CSV etc. Not what you are after.

When you are setting up and flying under the bridge Make sure to have your signal loss action set to Hover and not the default return to home. That old chestnut has caught a few people out when it loses signal and climbs up and crashes into the bridge.

Don't expect all your POIs to be properly framed on first flight. You will probably have to fly the mission a few times to refine things,.

Provided that your mobile device is logged in to the same account as you are accessing in the mission hub there is no need to move anything. Missions will seamlessly sync between the Hub and any devices that you have logged in to the same account. In my case an Android phone and an iPad.
Where on my mobile device (Android) do I login to their service for the syncing of waypoint missions to work? I created an account at flylitchi.com, but don't see anywhere in the app to login, except for airdata.com.

When starting the app for the first time after installation, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to register the app with DJI servers. Registration with DJI servers can be done without being connected to a DJI drone. The registration is done in the background, if the registration failed you will be notified with an error popup. Be aware that some Internet connections may have troubles connecting to DJI servers, in such a case make sure to try a different Internet connection (home wifi, mobile data connection, a friend's connection, public wifi, etc).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman