DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weak Controller Transmission Signal

phemmert

Reactions
Brand new Mavic, maiden flight today, finding that I'm unable to get beyond about 100 feet vertically and/or 50 feet horizontally, I begin to lose controller transmission signal. I see a warning on the app, and the radio signal strength icon steadily decreases to near zero when I get up above about 90 feet.

I've tried two different flying locations, same symptom. Phantom 4 does not have the issue, which eliminates radio interference as the cause.

Updated to the latest firmware.

The antennas are extended properly, thinking I've got a defective unit...anyone else having a similar problem?

There is a similar post on here somewhere, may want to have a search in case they found a solution but I would say you need probably to send it in.

Before all the comments fly in about taking it out of beginner mode, increasing the max flight distance etc... These things do not effect the signal strength.

I had the same problem. I returned it and ordered another one. Sucks... I tried everything. They wanted me to send it in for repair but it's a brand new machine that needs to be repaired? No thanks.
Mine got to about 300ft and 2-300ft out before it RTH.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

still waiting on the apple replacement order but have a BH order arriving Tuesday. I'm not sure if I want to keep it and just return the apple one for a refund.

Ive had the same issues but i am flying in a high density suburban area. Lots of trees . Not sure if this is the reason. But i cant find the warnings jn the flight log.[emoji848]

I had bad time when updated above the .400 firmware but never that bad.
Is it connecting to satellites
I have seen youtube video where guy forgot to open the anttenas and he was 50 feet from mavic and lost signal he almost landed in water as it self landed

I had bad time when updated above the .400 firmware but never that bad.
Is it connecting to satellites
I have seen youtube video where guy forgot to open the anttenas and he was 50 feet from mavic and lost signal he almost landed in water as it self landed

Yea the satellite connection is fine. 18 or 20 so connected. Im running the new firmware. [emoji848]

Today i will test again and see how long and far it takes for this warning to start beeping again.

Ok so today was better i got the 460meters from the home point / 50 meters high and still had 3bars of signal on the remote. Is this normal for high density suburban area and trees?

Should be able to push further no problem?

well today I was actually surprised I was flying toward the sea and typically I have gone 3kms before returning without any signal issues, but today I was about 600meters in and got some weird interference and my controller disconnected a couple of times, this hasnt happen before to me. I think I will be downgrading the FW

Flew out 3 miles today. I had .600 but lost connection to controller, drifted hit a tree. Downgrade to .400 no problems and better signal.

I do it on the app. Turn everything on hold 3 dots right corner for a few seconds and it will come up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead