- wind gust speeds
- wind direction
- precip prob
- cloud cover
- visibility
- visible stats
- kp index
- satallites locked

Also informs pers of flight status stating said areas in green yellow or red status
KP index great to know for compass calibrations and any interferences which could affect compass in flight

also gives you different tabs like forecast, wind profile, map, and settings (of course a help feature)
map informs of all types of airports with color coded areas

My copy stopped showing Small and medium sized airports and heliports last night. It is still not showing them today, even though they are turned on in settings, each with a 5 miles radius.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Is the app only showing LAANC airports now?

My copy stopped showing Small and medium sized airports and heliports last night. It is still not showing them today, even though they are turned on in settings, each with a 5 miles radius.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Is the app only showing LAANC airports now?
try uninstalling your app and reinstall then reset your settings to your customized settings

try uninstalling your app and reinstall then reset your settings to your customized settings
I just tried this, and unfortunately, it didn't help. Looking further at my map, the Large Airports are also not obeying my settings for radius. They all look like they're only about 3 miles.

Any other ideas why my NFZs on my maps are not working correctly?

I guess if it's only my device, it's my own problem, but if you have any other ideas, I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks so much!

[edit] FWIW, my device is a Samsung Galaxy S8. fully up to date on all SW and FW.
[/edit]

[edit2] The only thing I seem to be able to control is the Range Guide. Only Large Airports have circles around them, and all look to be less than 5 miles, even though I've changed ALL of my settings to 10 Miles.
[/edit]

Last edited:
I just added the app to my arsenal, thanks for pointing it out coindex765! I don't have any issues with it, yet... I agree the screen can become 'cluttered' with airport rings - one thing I did was to set the small airports setting to a 1 mile ring for overall situation awareness (it just makes the individual airport easier to find). If I were going to fly in the vicinity of them, I'd bring the range back out to 5 miles....Neat app overall. I also use the Dark Sky Weather app, the precip forecast times and radar overlays are really useful especially for biking/backpacking etc.

What did we ever do 50 years ago? Went outside and got wet if it was raining!

The app called UAV FORECAST (I have on my Samsung S8) is an amazing app
Incl following notations:

- weather
- sun rise and set times
- wind chill factor
- wind speed
- wind gust speeds
- wind direction
- precip prob
- cloud cover
- visibility
- visible stats
- kp index
- satallites locked

Also informs pers of flight status stating said areas in green yellow or red status
KP index great to know for compass calibrations and any interferences which could affect compass in flight

also gives you different tabs like forecast, wind profile, map, and settings (of course a help feature)
What a great app, thanks for the information

I've been using UAV Forecast for over a year now, I like it a lot.

The app called UAV FORECAST (I have on my Samsung S8) is an amazing app
Incl following notations:

- weather
- sun rise and set times
- wind chill factor
- wind speed
- wind gust speeds
- wind direction
- precip prob
- cloud cover
- visibility
- visible stats
- kp index
- satallites locked

Does anybody have the Pro version. I have only used the free version

Does anybody have the Pro version. I have only used the free version

I did buy the hobbyist upgrade version from the website (couple bucks cheaper from the App Store). I like having more than 24 hours worth of forecast even though weather forecasts can be sketchy when looking too far into the future. And I HATE ads even though they are a necessary evil for the developers, that alone is worth the yearly price for me.

Reactions: pvs
I did buy the hobbyist upgrade version from the website (couple bucks cheaper from the App Store). I like having more than 24 hours worth of forecast even though weather forecasts can be sketchy when looking too far into the future. And I HATE ads even though they are a necessary evil for the developers, that alone is worth the yearly price for me.
What globeguy1 said ^ ^ ^

I bought a hobbyist sub, too, mainly for the weather forecast to go out more than 24 hours. Even though weather forecasts are taken with a grain of salt, they are useful for longer-range planning.

I kinda wish UAV Forecast would adopt the new DJI NFZ maps that use the glide-paths at larger airports, rather than the simple circle, and that is another reason I decided to send them some $$$. While I realize it's a long-shot, maybe, just maybe, if there's enough profit in future development, some improvements will come.

Reactions: globeguy1
I used to like the Weather Underground app, but lately it has pretty much stopped working. So now I just use weather sites here Weather Sites | TravelSites.com – The World's Best Travel Sites List! . Work fine for me

Last edited by a moderator:
For those having displayed problems, try changing the distance radii to 1 mile for all categories. See if that doesn't cause the different airports to display.

I use UAV forecast, Ventusky, and Dark Sky. All free versions. I do like that Dark Sky has the time machine future forecast.

Dark Sky, haven’t seen that one.
How is it different to Ventusky as with that you can slide along and click up times of day, days coming up etc.
Not sure how far in advance but at least a few days, probably more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002