DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird sound issue with the Lenovo Tab M8 tablet and Mavic Air 2 ?

tman

Reactions
Hi all
anyone experiencing a weird sound issue with the Lenovo Tab M8 8" tablet and the Mavic Air 2 ??
I'm getting a strange donging/bonging sound.
The tablet is brand new and works perfectly OK with the current version of the DJI Fly app. with the Air 2 apart from this sound issue.
Works perfectly fine with the Mavic Mini 2 and the same tablet ? no sound issue at all.
It's driving me nuts because I can't work out what the cause is ???????
Any help much appreciated

regards
tman

That "donging/bonging" sound could be due to that the usb connection comes & goes between the RC & the Tab ... check the usb cable & see to that it's properly connected.

Reactions: March411
Could also be coming from the MA2's obstacle detection ... have anything close to the front or rear when the sound goes off?

I thought about the obstacle detection system but even outside with nothing near it it happens 🤔
Will turn of obstacle detection temporarily to see if that resolves it 👍

It is the obstacle detection system causing the issue, if I turn it off the noise is gone, contacted DJI and they've told me to first recalibrate the gimbal and recalibrate the vision system using the assistant tool software. Hopefully it's a simple fix 🤔

my lenovo used to do that to me and my MP and i can,t remember what cured it but its good now

Well it's definitely the obstacle detection system causing the issue (sound/donging noise) nothing in front or behind the drone, if I turn the obstacle detection system off the noise is gone, recalibrated the gimbal and recalibrated the vision system using the assistant tool software as DJI told me to do and it's made no difference at all. It's doing exactly the same on my Samsung A90 5G phone and my Lenovo Tab M8 tablet. Have tried another USB cable and made sure it's fully seated both ends. So through a process of elimination it's definitely the obstacle detection system at fault. Haven't even flown the thing yet 🙄
I took out care refresh when I got the Air 2 two weeks ago but surely this can't be classed as one of my replacement units can it ?

Well it's definitely the obstacle detection system causing the issue (sound/donging noise) nothing in front or behind the drone, if I turn the obstacle detection system off the noise is gone, recalibrated the gimbal and recalibrated the vision system using the assistant tool software as DJI told me to do and it's made no difference at all. It's doing exactly the same on my Samsung A90 5G phone and my Lenovo Tab M8 tablet. Have tried another USB cable and made sure it's fully seated both ends. So through a process of elimination it's definitely the obstacle detection system at fault. Haven't even flown the thing yet 🙄
I took out care refresh when I got the Air 2 two weeks ago but surely this can't be classed as one of my replacement units can it ?
I have the same set up and no issues...except the M2 is slow to load on start up...and the power is on the side and turns off alot when in my holder...annoying!! Please post how you fix this problem you stated.

Contacted DJI again and their replacing the whole Fly more combo as it's been classed as a DOA unit ?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78