DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well built tablet mount that doesn't block RC screen?

Macabre

Reactions
I found this:
DJI Mavic Pro Platinum/Mavic Air / Spark Tablet iPad Phone Mount Holder Hanger | eBay

It's what I'm looking for but for that price, I'm a bit concerned about the quality. I don't want it to break and drop my tablet.

Then I found this:
Tablet Holder for Mavic | Thor's Drone World
Which is well built, made of aluminum with a bit of weight, it looks like it wouldn't (completely?) block RC screen. But I'm also a bit concerned that aluminum would block RC signal?

The tablet in question is Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4"

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Reactions: Irish-apple
the first one is a piece of crap I bought one and threw it away pal it dont fit the controller with our bending it slightly and will mark it I did not even attempt to squeeze it on over this and its made from some sort of toy soldier plastic ..

cant answer for the Thor one I know a few got them loved them a few got them and hated them stated not worth the money at all.

I got this
SKYREAT Aluminum-Alloy Foldable Tablet Stand Holder

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 23.17.01.png

you cant twist it either way for full view of the controller screen and for a little bit less also cost me £20 delivered and works like a charm completely holds any iPad or tablet im using an iPad 2017 model never loses grip / never moves around

lol sorry about the writing here dont know what happenned ,, no I dont work for sky treat or anything I liked this and worked a treat

Irish-apple that mount however is blocking RC screen.

I probably will get Lifthor then. It's a bit heavy but it should be ok with an 8.4" tablet.

Unless someone comes up with a better alternative :)

I use the Lifthor sif Standard for the ipad ( 9.7 in.) . works very well, not really too heavy ( I do use a lanyard with all my birds) , I can see the RC screen as well but don't really need to, everything I need to see is on the pad. It collapses and came with a storage bag.

Irish-apple that mount however is blocking RC screen...
I also have this one. If you want to see the RC you just tilt it towards you a bit. What I like about it is it folds almost flat and fits in my FMC bag. Another advantage of this one is the setup is well balanced in my hands.

There is no issue with RC signal blockage.

Reactions: Irish-apple
Why worry about it blocking the RC screem. All the information is on the iPad anyway and more.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I own the LifThor SIF, use it with a 8.4 tab. It is so balanced it can be used a holder with/without the controller. With that said I also was worried about blocking the remote's screen when I bought it, guess what? I never look at the controller, but would buy again. No signal issues at all.

Reactions: Chipmunksky
Irish-apple that mount however is blocking RC screen.

I probably will get Lifthor then. It's a bit heavy but it should be ok with an 8.4" tablet.

Unless someone comes up with a better alternative :)
no it dont pal I have one as another person here mossback stated himself

Looks good, any concern about the tablet or phone interacting w/ the antenna?
I'm told no, however, I have begin to experience a drop in distance...I'm working out what variable is causing this but doesn't seem to be the tablet's position.

I tried the F-Stop unit and it was just too unbalanced to be comfortable, even with a strap. I bit the bullet and bought the MavMount for my iPad Mini 4. I'm not wild about not seeing the RC screen, but it is much easier to use, and I can still see the RC screen if I have to. I'm now comfortable with the MavMount. It's very well built, and has not been a problem. I can still get to the RC buttons if need be should I lose access to the the Go4 app running on the iPad.

That Anbee is what I have and I like it so far. haven't noticed any reception issues but haven't done a distance flight with it. I like being able to see the telemetry screen on the RC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000