DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well here goes nothing

Worldway

Reactions
I mail ordered my Mavic Air and was told today that delivery would be another week. So I found out that a local store has them in stock. I made some inquiries and realized that I can return my mail order for a full refund. So I went to the store and purchased it. After a few hours of battery charging and new firmware downloading I was ready to go. I decided, good bad or ugly to get the DJI Care Refresh Program. I think it was a good move. I put on the blade guards and thought I would try a little flight in my basement. Thank goodness for the blade guards. I bounced off everything in the basement. Luckily I did no damage but I'm thinking more now that the Refresh Program was likely a good idea.

I'm curious, how much air time is needed to become a decent pilot? I am using it in beginner mode. I think I'm a few years off from Sports mode.

These things don't like flying indoors......you do need flying skills to do that......take it outside........make sure you have a bunch of satellites locked in for the positioning and your 5 yr old could fly it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABHIII and Kilrah
Exactly what he said! Practice outside in beginner mode, make you you are in gps mode before take off, if it is showing opti mode simply move location until you have gps mode.

What they said, practice outside in an open space no buildings no wifi interference, no Airports.

Had my first real flight today. Outdoors in an open lot. Had it in beginner mode. No issues. Great to fly. Really forgiving. Love it. As an amateur photographer, I will love the picture opportunities, but for now I'm going to concentrate on learning how to fly. I even found a 4 hour course at my local college in April which I signed up for. Once I can master the drone then I will concentrate on picture and video quality.

Exactly what he said! Practice outside in beginner mode, make you you are in gps mode before take off, if it is showing opti mode simply move location until you have gps mode.
That depends on how long it remains in opti mode. It can take a good minute to get a GPS lock.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78