DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well the madness has started and the FBI is on the hunt

So, the NFL ask the government for an NFZ why? So people cant fly over and record the game? 30 miles is a bit excessive dont you think, why not have a lower height restriction in that zone instead so people can still enjoy their hobby? I suppose when big money is involved anything is possible. I find it amazing and scary that a private entity can have that much power over a government.
A lot of the 77 will have been using basic drones, with no geofencing and were not aware that one day they can fly them and another thay cant just because a sports match is on.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Or an entitlement attitude. But I can see someone clueless out there trying to get that cool shot. They need to design a system that keeps multi rotors on the ground when flight restrictions are in place. But a good stuff fine might help to wake these people up

DJI has that already.
No DJI craft can take off while the TFR is active unless unlocked with FAA authorization.
NASA is the NFZ at the top
TFR.JPG

Yes! Absolutely! Because more government intrusion into our lives is always a good thing. After all… The Government knows best.

Or an entitlement attitude. But I can see someone clueless out there trying to get that cool shot. They need to design a system that keeps multi rotors on the ground when flight restrictions are in place. But a good stuff fine might help to wake these people up

....ain't that what they're are proposing?

30 miles is a bit excessive dont you think, why not have a lower height restriction in that zone instead so people can still enjoy their hobby?

This is for ALL aircraft.
Not just drones.
A rogue plane traveling at 250mph towards the stadium gives plenty of time to intercept.
Drone pilots just get caught up into the TFR becaus drones are aircraft.

So would this apply if some little kid was 20 miles away flying a mini?

Sadly it sure would.
And the TFR is 30 nautical miles = 34.5 miles
Also, since this is a major event, this has been in effect since about 5 days prior to today.

Reactions: xspwhite
So, the NFL ask the government for an NFZ why? So people cant fly over and record the game? 30 miles is a bit excessive dont you think, why not have a lower height restriction in that zone instead so people can still enjoy their hobby? I suppose when big money is involved anything is possible. I find it amazing and scary that a private entity can have that much power over a government.
A lot of the 77 will have been using basic drones, with no geofencing and were not aware that one day they can fly them and another thay cant just because a sports match is on.
9/11 changed everything in the US. We are caught in a loop of endless security laws to promote the illusion that we can be safe at all times.

Reactions: MavicFlyer
Off topic as far as drones and the TFR but on topic about security...

Y'all do know there are snipers posted in the rafters???

According to the article, reports have come to light that the flyer is 46 years and admitted he alter the drone to bypass the TRF (Geofencing). Also is stated the flyer was certified , so that could mean he and his drone was registered with the FAA or even he was Part 107.

Well that answers the "ignorance or stupid" question, the answer is stupidity.

Looks like the FAA is putting out confusing/conflicting information:

If there's a 30 mile TFR, why does the FAA flyer say flying is prohibited within one mile of the stadium (up until the day before the game) and on game day, say no flying around the stadium? Also, why do they say flying is prohibited around the convention center up to 2,000 feet? That makes it seem like it's OK above 2,000 feet, when drones are limited to 400 feet max anyway. Am I missing something?

This guy is a known scofflaw! Just google ‘Florida Man’. It’s unbelievably the number of shenanigans Florida Man has been involved in... rape, robbery, murder, tax evasion, removing labels from mattresses... now Super Bowl NFZ violations! Death penalty for Florida Man!

although i do not live in the US and maybe my understanding of the NFZ is wrong, but it seems that the main reason for the 30 mile NFZ is to prevent an incursion by terrorists, of a densely populated arena ,which would cause maximum loss of life in the event of an attack, this would require a large military style drone, or an aircraft which would show up on radar and could be intercepted a small drone would not have such a capability

77 is a total lie by the government. How in the world would they know it’s 77 different drones or a couple of guys flying around.
They are making up a number to further their agenda.

Hey Frank, look a drone coming by the stadium there . . .
5 mins later
FRANK, there's another one coming the OTHER way !!
Another 5 mins
Holy cow Frank look, here's one doing a cinematic pull back shot near that last one !!!

Ha ha, they wouldn't know the same drone if it came down and bit them.

Pretty easy to see the number at 77 if the NFZ extends 30 miles from the stadium. You could be flying in your back yard and get caught up in it. Doesn't mean anything will happen to all of them. The NFZ is setup for planes that could could reach the stadium in less than 5 minutes, not a 1/2 pound drone taking real estate pictures 5 towns away.

Dead right, all the info like that they DON'T reveal is the truth.

Well, won't be long now, is the game in a couple of hours ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honzax