DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

West Midlands Flying areas

So, I went to Sutton Park today, in a rush so not a great result, but this should help those looking for a spot to fly... it's huge and I think a great place to explore from the air.. just keep away from animals and people... quite easy in the expanse

View attachment 43811 View attachment 43812 View attachment 43813 View attachment 43811 View attachment 43812 View attachment 43813 View attachment 43814 View attachment 43815 View attachment 43816 View attachment 43811 View attachment 43812 View attachment 43813 View attachment 43814 View attachment 43815
Wow thanks for that, now I know where you were.

I’m literally 10 mins from Sutton Park and was worried it was almost completely in a red zone

Oh i see the mavic air is more convenient for travelling etc,well i don't do much of that atm so il stick with the mavic 2 pro since my flying will be purely organised,il probably take a backpack with 3 batterys & the mavic 2 pro & just park up somewhere , walk around with backpack ;) i havn't got it yet iv been waiting for reviews etc and availability,seems hard to get one right now ,all shops say preorder ,probably best to wait for teething problems to pass & to be able to buy it without preorder.

Whats the fpv footage like charlas? are u using an iphone for screen? i was worried about not being able to see my screen in sunlight.

Hey, don’t know if this helps but I bought my Mavic 2 Zoom Sunday night and it shipped from China today. I’d expect delivery by Monday at the latest.

I chatted with their support before ordering and they said 6-11 working days. I figured get in before it gets worse.

Looks an awesome rig ☺️

Hey, don’t know if this helps but I bought my Mavic 2 Zoom Sunday night and it shipped from China today. I’d expect delivery by Monday at the latest.

I chatted with their support before ordering and they said 6-11 working days. I figured get in before it gets worse.

Looks an awesome rig ☺️[/QUO

Looks an awesome rig ☺️
Hey thanks i might check it out. did u order it straight from dji site?

Warwickshire County Council, to their credit, advertise (and maintain -- mow) two model-flying areas: one in Leamington and the other at Warwick Racecourse. Details: Model aircraft flying - Warwick District Council

These are wide open spaces, however, so good if you want to fly your drone at speed, but not so good if you want to test its obstacle avoidance, etc.

Hi! I live local to Essington and looking for areas to fly scale rubber, I noticed you use farmers fields, do you have any addresses of the landowners I could approach for permission please? Thanks in advance.

Just to step in and warn about FPV goggles, technically they are illegal. As per Air Navigation Order (2016), Article 94 (3): "The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft must maintain direct, unaided visual contact with the aircraft sufficient to monitor its flight path in relation to other aircraft, persons, vehicles, vessels and structures for the purpose of avoiding collisions."

I will be asking the CAA if this can still be fulfilled by using a spotter/observer whilst the pilot navigates, but I'm not holding out much hope :(

Just to step in and warn about FPV goggles, technically they are illegal. As per Air Navigation Order (2016), Article 94 (3): "The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft must maintain direct, unaided visual contact with the aircraft sufficient to monitor its flight path in relation to other aircraft, persons, vehicles, vessels and structures for the purpose of avoiding collisions."

I will be asking the CAA if this can still be fulfilled by using a spotter/observer whilst the pilot navigates, but I'm not holding out much hope :(

There's a general Exemption for this case; see ORS4 No.1273: Small Unmanned Aircraft - First Person View (FPV) Flying

Not far from the Beggar's Bush, so Sutton Park is only a short distance away. I've read Lickey Hills is okay for drone flying but I'm concerned about the drone police that think they know where you can't fly, i.e. the general public.

I was flying at the Lickeys yesterday. It's fine. Busy on weekends, so keep to week days. I hand a small amount of dog walkers around and they were friendly with one or two taking interstate's and asking questions. You're only going to get issues if you start buzzing low and deliberately make a **** of yourself. So a keep to a level were the rotor noise doesn't bother anyone. I was in plain site with the controller but I easily could have gone out of view and I doubt anyone would have realised I was there except for take off and landing. Id love to fly Clent Hills but that is National Trust.

I was flying at the Lickeys yesterday. It's fine. Busy on weekends, so keep to week days. I hand a small amount of dog walkers around and they were friendly with one or two taking interstate's and asking questions. You're only going to get issues if you start buzzing low and deliberately make a **** of yourself. So a keep to a level were the rotor noise doesn't bother anyone. I was in plain site with the controller but I easily could have gone out of view and I doubt anyone would have realised I was there except for take off and landing. Id love to fly Clent Hills but that is National Trust.

Any chance of translating that into English? :)

No sorry I am dyslexic.

In that case I'd recommend auto-correct, Google Translate, etc. They really can help with communication. I can handle homonyms like 'plain', but am completely befuddled by your 'interstate'. Did you mean motorway? freeway? [Trying to be helpful, here, and for later readers of your post.]

In that case I'd recommend auto-correct, Google Translate, etc. They really can help with communication. I can handle homonyms like 'plain', but am completely befuddled by your 'interstate'. Did you mean motorway? freeway? [Trying to be helpful, here, and for later readers of your post.]

Seriously? It’s the spell checker that has changed the word ‘interest’ in whatever form I placed it. Sorry for ruining your day. Try as I might forums are obviously not a place for me. Google translate and auto correct simply exaggerate the problem. I’ll not post again. Lord help anyone with broken English.

Reactions: jammyb123
Wakamula please don't stop posting just cause someone got a problem reading your post.i have no problem reading the post and so sure a lot of other members on this forum don't every body types wrong words now and than or the wright words get recorrected wrong.so keep posting and have a good day.

Hello there,

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place to ask this question. Please do point me in the right direction if I am.

I'm a midlands based videographer and I've been tasked to film an electronic e-scooter bike driving around the roads. The client wants drone footage of this.

What with the many restrictions regarding drone filming in and around town centres. We require closed roads, secluded country roads and private property to get these shots.

Do any of you guys have any advice for me? Anything at all. We might be able to make country roads work. Perhaps driving up a private road to a stately home, farm house, etc?

For this project I'll be using someone I've worked with before to be my drone operator. However, with the money from this job I'll be buying my own drone as I'd also like to be a hobbyist. So I'd also, hopefully, be joining this community at some point :)

All the best,
James.

Do any of you guys have any advice for me? Anything at all. We might be able to make country roads work. Perhaps driving up a private road to a stately home, farm house, etc?

If you are going to make money -- as it sounds is the case -- from the exercise then it is a commercial operation and you (or the drone operator) need the appropriate commercial licence/approval. Your drone operator should know all the details of that and can inform you about the issues.

If he or she cannot then find a different operator ... :).

It’s a bit of a no brainer for locations. Use a location company, it’ll save you tons of work as they will get all the permits/permissions.

I live in Essington and we are lucky enough to have quiet a lot of farmers fields around us and i make use of them.

When the weather picks up i will be making a day of going over Cannock Chase.
Hi mate, I'm new to drone flying lark. I only live on Ashmore Park so not far from you. Any advise you can give me would be welcome ,also I'm struggling where I can fly it. Do I need permission to fly off the farmers etc..?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998