DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What’s best to view flight with?

Jaysettles

Reactions
I’m currently flying a Mavic Pro & using an iPhone XS Max with my controller to view the feed. While I’ve had no issues so far; I’d like to hear of other options to use with this set up. Looking for a bigger screen & easy to view. What ideas/ recommendations do you all have? Pros/ Cons

Reactions: dirkclod
A large phone might suit many pilots, good eyes, not too much on the screen to clutter it up.
Quicker and easier to carry / setup, just put the phone in aero mode so calls and messages etc don't disturb you during flight.

I quickly went to an ipad mini 4, and no doubt there are equivalent android devices in a similar size.
The screen is much easier to see, you can have histogram and such showing . . .

Thinking now, there is one (or some) display item(s) that don't show on a phone size screen, but do an an ipad etc . . . can't recall what that might be, or if one or more functions are affected.

Reactions: dirkclod
I was using an IPhone 6S but now have an IPad mini 2. Much easier to see the display icons and manage the touch screen for making changes. The mini in the holder is still light enough that my hands don't get fatigued. I definitely would recommend it.

First I love this form. I'm 84 with Macular Deg. in the right eye. I'm using a Samsung Tab "B" Makes it much easier for me to see everything. I got a 77-acre farm that I fly with deer in the field.
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum. Very seldom get above 150 ft to clear a couple of trees I have here. I do have Cree flashing LEDs so I know where it's at even in bright sunshine.
Did get my FAA "Hobby" license so I'm happy. I use to zip around with R/C planes in the '70s.

First I love this form. I'm 84 with Macular Deg. in the right eye. I'm using a Samsung Tab "B" Makes it much easier for me to see everything. I got a 77-acre farm that I fly with deer in the field.
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum. Very seldom get above 150 ft to clear a couple of trees I have here. I do have Cree flashing LEDs so I know where it's at even in bright sunshine.
Did get my FAA "Hobby" license so I'm happy. I use to zip around with R/C planes in the '70s.

Inspirational Tommy, hope I am ok to fly drones in another 28 years !
Ha, probably be riding in them by then !

I use a Samsung Tab A and it works fine for me. It is lighter to me than the Ipad Mini but both are good. I've used my iPhone but to me the bigger the better! I need to see where I'm flying. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock