DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are these ???

A.O.

Reactions
What is Litchi, what does it do? New guy here looking at getting a MA2 and I keep hearing about this stuff, trying to figure out what it (they) do.. tutorial anyone.. In easy language to understand.?

Thanks

Reactions: old man mavic
What is Litchi, what does it do? New guy here looking at getting a MA2 and I keep hearing about this stuff, trying to figure out what it (they) do.. tutorial anyone.. In easy language to understand.?

Thanks
@A.O. its an APP similar to the DJI go4 and FLY apps that is used to fly the drone instead of DJIs own APPs and there is a purchase cost involved and i am not sure ,but there might be an ongoing cost as well

Reactions: THE CYBORG
And Litchi is not available for the Mavic Air 2 yet. It won't be available until after DJI releases the software developer's kit (sdk) to Litchi and then Litchi has time to develop their app for the Air 2.

I'm thinking I'll be fine with the DJI app

Thanks

@A.O. its an APP similar to the DJI go4 and FLY apps that is used to fly the drone instead of DJIs own APPs and there is a purchase cost involved and i am not sure ,but there might be an ongoing cost as well
No on-going cost. One-time purchase around $25

Litchi. Great app that adds functionality to your Mavic (at least the Mini) that is not in the default app. They recently released the upgrade to support Mavic Mini but not sure about other drones. All advanced functions included but they are working on it. $A35 gets you onto the beta program.. I use both and also Dronelink just to get that extra bit of fun out of flying and see my drone do things that the default fly app cant.

If you want plain vanilla with no frills, stick to the DJI app. If you want the raspberry topping as well, explore Litchi for a few $ and also Dronelink, which allows mapping of flight plans on your PC before you leave home and uploads them automatically whilst you are creating, and when you get on-site, just download your pre-made plan and fly. Great fun as you can map flight, altitude, waypoints for video, photo, landing spots etc and see a simulation of your flight on google earth from your couch. $A 20-25 one time for basic plan. Dronelink does a ton of stuff and is not a control app as such, rather an add on that sends instructions to the controller so, for example, you won't find "inbuilt" programme modes like "dronie, Orbit" etc. although it does still act as your visual screen and give flight data, compass etc when not flying a pr-programmed plan. Programmed flights are available in their repositories that you can download and run for free.

Litchi. Great app that adds functionality to your Mavic (at least the Mini) that is not in the default app. They recently released the upgrade to support Mavic Mini but not sure about other drones. All advanced functions included but they are working on it. $A35 gets you onto the beta program.. I use both and also Dronelink just to get that extra bit of fun out of flying and see my drone do things that the default fly app cant.

If you want plain vanilla with no frills, stick to the DJI app. If you want the raspberry topping as well, explore Litchi for a few $ and also Dronelink, which allows mapping of flight plans on your PC before you leave home and uploads them automatically whilst you are creating, and when you get on-site, just download your pre-made plan and fly. Great fun as you can map flight, altitude, waypoints for video, photo, landing spots etc and see a simulation of your flight on google earth from your couch. $A 20-25 one time for basic plan. Dronelink does a ton of stuff and is not a control app as such, rather an add on that sends instructions to the controller so, for example, you won't find "inbuilt" programme modes like "dronie, Orbit" etc. although it does still act as your visual screen and give flight data, compass etc when not flying a pr-programmed plan. Programmed flights are available in their repositories that you can download and run for free.
Im really keen to try Litchi also, when it's ready for the MA2!

On Dronelink? Looks so cool but it doesn't mention the MA2 as supported on their website.

Do you know if it works with the MA2 currently?

Thanks!

Is DJI the only consumer drone manufacturer to offer a SDK for 3rd parts apps such as Litchi/Dronelink?
Really wish for all the same software functionality of the Mavic2 in the Air2; don't want to spend the extra $500 on Mavic2. So is there good competition?
I'm concerned if there's not enough competition for a SDK for the Air2 or Mini2, DJI won't have the incentive to supply us with the SDK.

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
Im really keen to try Litchi also, when it's ready for the MA2!

On Dronelink? Looks so cool but it doesn't mention the MA2 as supported on their website.

Do you know if it works with the MA2 currently?

Thanks!
Think I found my answer. Such a pity as would love to try drone link. Hopefully it will be supported soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201113-081031_Chrome_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113-081031_Chrome_1.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: jake20934
Sorry for my late response, family obligations. Yes, Unfortunately, the Air 2 is not supported as I also have just found out. DJI can be very erratic when it comes to providing the SDK. As shown with the fact that the new Mini 2 appears to have the same video module as the Mini but they claimed that the mini could not shoot 4k due to overheating and data bus issues. Never believed it and still don't. It was all about low-cost future model development and marketing. They will release an SDK when they see an advantage to it. Shame but there it is. Still, I only have a mini 1 (which I love and fly almost every day), not going to "upgrade" to the Mini 2 but will wait till I can splash out on a pro 2. Wish I had an air 2. Great drone.

Thank you.. Still learning all this drone jargon and a bunch is not on the acronym list.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard