DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What color Rochester SunShields do you have?

WTFoxtrot

Reactions
I want to order a pair of the Rochester SunShield lenses for my new BT-300. Just curious as to what lens color you might have bought and why? Does the color of the lens make much difference in the projected picture, LOS vision, or ability to expose correctly? Also, how true to the website was the actual lens when you bought it? ** Pictures would be awesome! **
Thanks in advance :)

I was going to ask the same question but thought they would all be the same. I went for the blue but would be interested to know if there were a difference.

I talked to Rochester about how true the depiction of color is on the website, and a rep was very nice and sent me a picture he felt was more accurate . There seems to be a lot of difference between the two gold especially. @dbcnc1955 As you have a gold, what do you think? Is your gold lens more the typical Maui Jim Bronze, or does it look bright gold?
20171129_125111.jpg WEBPAGE.png

I got the Cool Blue shades, but haven't tried them yet. Thought they'd be more color neutral than the gold or red.

I don't really think the blue, red or gold reflective coatings make any difference in what light is transmitted in the way a blue, red or gold lens would, because I don't note much if any difference when looking through them myself. I could be wrong, though..

Reactions: chuck1026
Decided to order both Blue and Gold. Thought everyone might be interested in the differences between the two, so I have included a comparison here. To my eye, I prefer the Gold shades -- as I like more blue in the tint. I also noticed the colors on the Moverio apps seem more vibrant when using the Gold shades. The differences, to me, are surprisingly even more noticeable when outside in the sun. Please note, my personal preferences are obviously purely subjective. Hopefully the pic below will help you in your choice.
Blue_Gold Lenses.jpg

Decided to order both Blue and Gold. Thought everyone might be interested in the differences between the two, so I have included a comparison here. To my eye, I prefer the Gold shades -- as I like more blue in the tint. I also noticed the colors on the Moverio apps seem more vibrant when using the Gold shades. The differences, to me, are surprisingly even more noticeable when outside in the sun. Please note, my personal preferences are obviously purely subjective. Hopefully the pic below will help you in your choice.
View attachment 27953

Cool! Thanks for sharing. I took a chance with blue. Still haven't flown outside as weather is horrible for UAS use.

View attachment 27953
This helps greatly thank you!

I bought blue - it matches my jeans, I know it's sounds silly but I am a very silly person.

evilsaint.jpg
I bought blue - it matches my jeans, I know it's sounds silly but I am a very silly person.
I like your approach to color selection. Life is too short to be too serious. I also have blue, but for different reasons. (That was the only color available at the time) I really like the red. Reminds me of Johnny Five.

I like your approach to color selection. Life is too short to be too serious. I also have blue, but for different reasons. (That was the only color available at the time) I really like the red. (Evil looking)
Now that is ever-so really silly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan