DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What cool accessories are there / would you recommend for the Mvic Pro?

Great question! Here is a list of accessories I've (mostly) picked up that I recommend for anyone with a MP2.

Goggles/fpv gear makes for a great, unmatched experience.

Neutral density lens filters. Polarized and non-polarized. People just don't realize how valuable these are for great shots.

Extra batteries, of course, so you can fly for longer periods at a time.

A wetsuit/floatation device, if you're flying over water.

Parabolic range extender.

Multiple/simultaneous battery charger.

Payload/fishing lure delivery system.

Extra props. ( : Someone even makes programmable LED props, but if you're just beginning, save these for later and get several sets of regular props.

Litchi.

Cinema tray.

360º camera.

Eruption/burn-proof storage bags for your LiPos.

Reactions: Bill combs
I’m looking to see what accessories you’d all recommend to get that could make my experience easier
Check out my must-haves list for the Mavic Pro here.

Being a newbie to the drone world, I’m looking to see what accessories you’d all recommend to get that could make my experience easier / more fun from day one. Again, I’m new to this so I’m open to any ideas.

Thank you!
goggles re, epson glasses, led props and led prop guards

Attachments

• 06B981D8-D9C3-4696-BB67-583AE6B7492E.jpeg
    06B981D8-D9C3-4696-BB67-583AE6B7492E.jpeg
    702.7 KB · Views: 34
goggles re, epson glasses, led props and led prop guards

I purchased the Epson BT-300 glasses and discovered that DJI updated their controller for the MP2, so that the glasses no longer work with it. After spending countless hours on the phone, sending/reading e.mails, searching forums, and troubleshooting on my own, I was only able to get them to work together by hooking them both up to a wifi network and sharing the screen, but since the Epson glasses are running Android 5.1, it is exceedingly difficult to find and configure apps that are compatible and work for this.

Long story short, it's probably best to wait to purchase the Epson glasses for the MP2, until Epson and DJI figure out a fix.

Here's a conversation about it:

Reactions: easyheimer
Being a newbie to the drone world, I’m looking to see what accessories you’d all recommend to get that could make my experience easier / more fun from day one. Again, I’m new to this so I’m open to any ideas.

Thank you!
Welcome to the drone world! One thing I didn't see touched on was a helipad. Depending on where you're taking off from a landing pad can help with gravel, long grass, sand, snow, etc. So nothing will spin up and get in your props/damage your gimbal. Also with long grass, gimbal clearance can be an issue. Hoodman Launch Pad

Other people touched on the other items we'd recommend:

Ok the M1P [emoji4]

I don’t own them, but wore the goggles while a fellow forumite flew his M2P with me turning the camera.
So as far as “fun” accessories goes, yeah this could be #1 I’d guess, and really the following are my tips on ‘practical’ additions.

8331 props
Extra batteries
ND filters
iPad mini 4 (or similar)
and mount ?
A strobe
A backpack or case

The 8331 props make you flights so stealthy, do not to attract attention or annoy others (so much).
I own 4 batteries and think that is fine for most people.
I’m getting 2 more this week as I have some use for them when in extended trips without charging.
ND filters, from 4 to 64 is good for just about everything from blue hour to snow / white beach sand brightness.
A larger viewing device is so good to have.
While the mini 4 will fit in the arms of the controller fine, i use the Lifthor mount to enable more controls access when flying more than a couple of batteries.
A strobe to see your drone easier against darker backgrounds, I have Firehouse Technology ARCII and Dual, either will do the job in daylight, dusk, or night sky (if applicable).
The backpack I have is the Lowepro BP250 Droneguard, carries everything I need and more when bushwalking.

I have other accessories I hardly use or have even touched.
Namely prop guards, leg extensions.
Prop guards can be useful in some (minimal for me) circumstances.
Leg extensions too, but then I learned to hand launch / retrieve when needed.

Enjoy.

Great question! Here is a list of accessories I've (mostly) picked up that I recommend for anyone with a MP2.

Goggles/fpv gear makes for a great, unmatched experience.

Neutral density lens filters. Polarized and non-polarized. People just don't realize how valuable these are for great shots.

Extra batteries, of course, so you can fly for longer periods at a time.

A wetsuit/floatation device, if you're flying over water.

Parabolic range extender.

Multiple/simultaneous battery charger.

Payload/fishing lure delivery system.

Extra props. ( : Someone even makes programmable LED props, but if you're just beginning, save these for later and get several sets of regular props.

Litchi.

Cinema tray.

360º camera.

Eruption/burn-proof storage bags for your LiPos.

Thank you for the nice list! I did hear that these goggles work for a cheaper alternative. Obviously they wouldn’t be anywhere near as good as the DJI.

I did get the fly more combo so I have a good amount of batteries to keep me fueled up for extended flight time.

I don’t think I’ll be flying over much water, but this is something I will look into.

What range extender do you recommend getting? This is something I may be interested in for longer distance flights.

Battery charger that came with the fly more combo can do either 3 or 4 at a time so I think I’m good there.

I might get some of the quieter props as extras, but got a bunch of them with the fly more combo. Hopefully I won’t be needing many.

What is a Litchi?

Does the 360 camera attach to the drone itself?

What is a cinema tray?

Ok the M1P [emoji4]

I don’t own them, but wore the goggles while a fellow forumite flew his M2P with me turning the camera.
So as far as “fun” accessories goes, yeah this could be #1 I’d guess, and really the following are my tips on ‘practical’ additions.

8331 props
Extra batteries
ND filters
iPad mini 4 (or similar)
and mount ?
A strobe
A backpack or case

Thanks for the list. I will definitely look into the replacement props. I do have extra batteries since I got the fly more combo, but may look into picking up another one or two extra. I heard powerextra makes really good batteries that are similar if not better than original from DJI. The carrying bag also came with the combo. What strobe would you recommend? Does this attach onto the drone and is it mostly for night time flying?

I also have a spare iPhone 6 Plus that I will be using for flying. This will give me a bigger screen and may look into getting a cheap iPad MinI down the line.

Thanks for the list. I will definitely look into the replacement props. I do have extra batteries since I got the fly more combo, but may look into picking up another one or two extra. I heard powerextra makes really good batteries that are similar if not better than original from DJI. The carrying bag also came with the combo. What strobe would you recommend? Does this attach onto the drone and is it mostly for night time flying?
Welcome to the drone world! One thing I didn't see touched on was a helipad. Depending on where you're taking off from a landing pad can help with gravel, long grass, sand, snow, etc. So nothing will spin up and get in your props/damage your gimbal. Also with long grass, gimbal clearance can be an issue. Hoodman Launch Pad

Other people touched on the other items we'd recommend:

I actually purchased a launchpad on Sunday after watching several YouTube videos and they were all using one. A couple of them actually mentioned why they recommend one.

Thank you for the nice list!

Welcome! And welcome to the air up here. ( :

I did hear that these goggles work for a cheaper alternative. Obviously they wouldn’t be anywhere near as good as the DJI.

Thanks. I have some vr solutions, but I wanted the ar and the ability to keep my line of sight with the quadcopter while seeing through its eyes.

I did get the fly more combo so I have a good amount of batteries to keep me fueled up for extended flight time.

Nice!! Definitely worth the investment.

I don’t think I’ll be flying over much water, but this is something I will look into.

Most people don't, for good reason. I have lost a couple of expensive quads to lakes over the years, and it is a painful experience, but I've learned lessons and nowadays I thoroughly enjoy flying over water wherever I go. I actually don't have the wetsuit and float yet, but I'm getting them soon, for extra peace of mind. I watched videos on the phantomrain site and they made me a believer.

What range extender do you recommend getting? This is something I may be interested in for longer distance flights.

Read about how it works before using it, but the basic idea is that it focuses the energy from your remote controller into a direction, so instead of transmitting in every direction, you concentrate the radiation into a cone, and this helps boost your signal a noticeable amount, but it took me three or four tries before I realized how to make it work, and I almost lost faith in it until one day when I happened to aim it just right and bam! my weak signal was boosted! now I generally just use it when I am flying in a high-interference environment and need a strong signal.

Also, beware of the FAA rules about LOS!

The one I have looks like this.. an $8 collection of plastic and copper.

Battery charger that came with the fly more combo can do either 3 or 4 at a time so I think I’m good there.

Sadly, that battery charger only charges one at a time. You can plug all 4 in at once, but it will select the battery with the highest voltage and charge that one first, and continue one at a time.

I went through a couple of simultaneous chargers before I found one I really like. I can find a link for it tomorrow if you want.

I might get some of the quieter props as extras, but got a bunch of them with the fly more combo. Hopefully I won’t be needing many.

That's not a bad idea.. Though, from experience, the MP2 is already a very quiet drone, compared to the FPV racers and other quadcopters I've flown. That being said, I'll pick up a set one day to see how much of a difference it makes, because even though it is quieter, it'd be nice to be even more quiet. ( :

What is a Litchi?

Litchi is flight software to control and use your bird up in the air. DJI Go is the official DJI software, and Litchi is made by a 3rd party. Litchi offers many advanced features, tuned quite well for professional pilots. I own a photography company, and I'll find value in Litchi because I can a) plan 'missions' on my computer, simulate them in a virtual environment, and then when they're ready, upload to the drone, b) repeat missions once they're saved, c) change lots of options that aren't readily available using just the DJI Go app, and more.

They offer a great Black Friday sale on Litchi, and I'm planning on buying it then.

Does the 360 camera attach to the drone itself?

Yep, with a small clamp you buy separately.

What is a cinema tray?

A cinema tray gives you handles to hold onto your quad with, and use it as a handheld camera. There are various configurations, generally with one, two, or three or more handles, options for where the handles are placed and at what angle, and the possibility to add attachments and mount the camera on a tripod.

The camera and gimbal that are on the MP2 are so super awesome that it seems like a waste to not use them as much as possible, and a cinema tray makes it less awkward.

I think these are my top 3 accessories that I have purchased:

1) 6-pack of ND filters, 3 polarized, 3 non-polarized, ND4, 8, and 16
2) simultaneous battery charger
3) total of 5 batteries for practically uninterrupted flight

.. and these are the top 3 that I think would be much fun to have, but haven't gotten yet ..

1) fishing lure / payload delivery system
2) programmable led props
3) custom skin

In my first response up there, I thought about listing the launch/landing pad, and I have one that I have used in choice situations, but in general, it is the one thing that doesn't stow easily with all my other stuff in my 'go' bag, so unless I know I'll need it, I leave it behind.

Once you learn how to catch and release your bird in your hand, it makes it easier to fly from most anywhere. Don't get bit by the props though! Somehow, my fingertips simultaneously hurt and were numb for hours after I accidentally opened my hand too wide while catching it one time.

Last edited:

I also have a spare iPhone 6 Plus that I will be using for flying. This will give me a bigger screen and may look into getting a cheap iPad MinI down the line.

Someone said no to quiet props for the M2P, but you have the original M1P yeah ?
The 8331 platinum props are great and like batteries, I’d stick with OEM for these 2 items, much safer.

I use the Firehouse Technology strobes, smallest, lightest, brightest, and good value.
For the Mavic you can easily fit the brightest ARCII 4 led strobe.
If just wanting really good VLOS in day or night, go for the white.

This is the single, you can get the combo packs with nav colours too, red and green, also the public safety series red/white or blue/red.

The Dual are almost half that size again, and still give so much better drone visibility in daylight.

I actually purchased a launchpad on Sunday after watching several YouTube videos and they were all using one. A couple of them actually mentioned why they recommend one.
Yes, depending on where you're taking off from they can be very helpful to keep dust, dirt, pebbles, etc. out of your props/ away from scratching your gimbal.

Someone said no to quiet props for the M2P, but you have the original M1P yeah ?
The 8331 platinum props are great and like batteries, I’d stick with OEM for these 2 items, much safer.

I use the Firehouse Technology strobes, smallest, lightest, brightest, and good value.
For the Mavic you can easily fit the brightest ARCII 4 led strobe.
If just wanting really good VLOS in day or night, go for the white.

This is the single, you can get the combo packs with nav colours too, red and green, also the public safety series red/white or blue/red.

The Dual are almost half that size again, and still give so much better drone visibility in daylight.

Yes, I have the MP1.

Thank you. I will check out the white strobe as it'll just be for VLOS.

I think these are my top 3 accessories that I have purchased:

1) 6-pack of ND filters, 3 polarized, 3 non-polarized, ND4, 8, and 16
2) simultaneous battery charger
3) total of 5 batteries for practically uninterrupted flight

.. and these are the top 3 that I think would be much fun to have, but haven't gotten yet ..

1) fishing lure / payload delivery system
2) programmable led props
3) custom skin

In my first response up there, I thought about listing the launch/landing pad, and I have one that I have used in choice situations, but in general, it is the one thing that doesn't stow easily with all my other stuff in my 'go' bag, so unless I know I'll need it, I leave it behind.

Once you learn how to catch and release your bird in your hand, it makes it easier to fly from most anywhere. Don't get bit by the props though! Somehow, my fingertips simultaneously hurt and were numb for hours after I accidentally opened my hand too wide while catching it one time.

What is this fishing lure / payload delivery system I keep hearing about? I'd like to check it out.

Which programmable led props would you get? Also interested in these as well.

What site sells the custom skins and are they easy to put on?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mth0d