DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Do You Use To Carry Your Gear.....??

With the amount of stuff you want to take you don't need a cart. You need a sherpa. I'm not sure what kind of work you do, but when I was in full time photography mode I never went without one or two assistants. Having at least one more person made it so much easier for me to concentrate on shooting rather than on gear. If you're flying, having that second person (or third) makes for a dandy VO as well as a second set of hands to help set up gear.
That is hilarious!!!! And you're right!! I do plan to have VO(s) but that might not always be in the cards. Maybe mules will work.....

What do you folks use to haul your gear to a launch site when you're not in close proximity to your vehicle? I have quite a bit of equipment and I'm looking for options. Some options that I'm considering:

Alice LC-2 pack frame w/shelf
Gorilla Cart
Game cart

What are you using?
Mostly a huge CUBA 90 litre backpack. It carries a full pro 2 setup and full fpv setup in hard cases + spare batteries + an Ipad mini and Ipad + spare props, device holders, filters, personal rain gear, DSLR Camera in soft case + additional lens, GoPro stuff, numerous cables and connectors, Airband Radio, Sunnies in side pocket, Chocolate bars + drinks for lunch, pre flight check lists and a few other odds and sods. It has a detachable smaller pack for lighter trips, and so many pockets I had to put tags on the zippers to remind me where everything is. 26 Kilos all up. When not flying, it is my everyday walking exercise pack. I have never been so fit😂

I have a smaller backpack for the rare occasions that I take 1 drone. This is sufficient for the drone hard case plus personal gear + snacks etc.

Backpacks are great as they leave your hands free for other things and take up no additional storage room in the vehicle or home. When finished, I offload it into the back of the car (4wd hatchback) then take the whole lot back into the house in 1 go.

Attachments

• 20220208_231110.jpg
    9.3 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Here's my modified game cart. There are a couple of small changes but this will be my go to mode of transport.

Attachments

• IMG_4702.JPG
    IMG_4702.JPG
    370.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4687.JPG
    IMG_4687.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: eva2000
I use a seek outside backpack "Eberlestock Team Elk Pack" - "some backpack" since it’s the same pack I use for backpacking, deer hunting, and elk hunting. If I making short walks to stands and driving between I just carry the caller, rifle, and tripod.

I'm using a peak design everyday backpack. Flying in and around Chicago it lets me quickly get the drone out. Being able to quickly get setup and keep an eye on my surroundings Isa must. When I'm traveling I use nanuk hard case for taking on the airplane. The hard case protects things well and allows for easy viewing of what it is in case TSA/security wants to take a closer look (they never have).

The bag that came with my Mavic 3 FMC.

I'm pretty much finished with my "drone cart". Pictured with 3 drones, fire extinguisher, tripod, and other assorted drone gear. It works really well.

Attachments

• IMG_4723.JPG
    IMG_4723.JPG
    837.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4724.JPG
    IMG_4724.JPG
    776.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4725.JPG
    IMG_4725.JPG
    880.3 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: eva2000 and MA2 317
I'm pretty much finished with my "drone cart". Pictured with 3 drones, fire extinguisher, tripod, and other assorted drone gear. It works really well.

Looks awesome. 👍

That looks great. Odd question, what fire extinguisher are you using?
I settled on an ABC extinguisher. Instead to trying to extinguish a battery, I'm more concerned with what it might ignite surrounding it. I also have a fire blanket if the extinguisher fails.

Not shown in the pics is a first aid kit (IFAK) and a much larger one is carried in my truck.. Hope I never have to use it as well as the extinguisher.

Edit - Inside the pack (APB03) are 2 camp chairs and important documents.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pondhopper
I have the Lowepro BP150 and it carries all you stated and more. BB had the grey color on sale for about 50 bucks.

Looks great. I carry a Mavic pro, FPV and mini in cases, 2 ipads, spare props, wind meter, docs, torch, Aviation radio, rain gear, sun and regular glasses in a backpack. I have a spares and repair case I keep in my car. No room for fire extinguishers, chairs etc. I could do with one of these!

chairs etc. I could do with one of these!

The little tripod folding camp stools aren't too bad to buy, carry, etc.
Small seat area, so not sure if comfortable for say more than half an hour, but they are light, folded they take up almost no room (under back pack side straps or loops), and if I was taking something I think it would be this to start.

BP90005927003-black.jpg-SPOTWF-productHero

Man, a nice deep camp chair would be good sometimes though :)

BP90128018-black.jpg-SPOTWF-productHero

I found these Marchway chairs on Amazon. They are lite, fold very small, comfortable, and got very good reviews. If these are being considered, order the model with the wide feet. On hard surfaces this model is fine. In soft soil I find myself listing to one side as the legs sink into the soil.

1649290510256.png

Reactions: March411
I use a Lowepro backpack (Dronegaurd BP250)
Two questions:
- Is there any way a 16" Macbook Pro would fit or is 15 really the max?
- Any chance it would fit a Mini 2 with a mirrorless camera/lenses and or Mini2 + Air 2s with mirrorless?

I'm having a hard time finding a backpack that'll fit my laptop and I'm thinking of adding another drone to the mix for an upcoming, once-in-a-lifetime trip.

Two questions:
- Is there any way a 16" Macbook Pro would fit or is 15 really the max?
- Any chance it would fit a Mini 2 with a mirrorless camera/lenses and or Mini2 + Air 2s with mirrorless?

I'm having a hard time finding a backpack that'll fit my laptop and I'm thinking of adding another drone to the mix for an upcoming, once-in-a-lifetime trip.
I can take a look later for you, I only keep the iPad mimi4 in mine,
But will measure for 16” laptop.
I’ll have to look online how to measure them up, but I have a couple too so once I know I’ll (try to) get them in.
It a nice padded spot in the back of the pack, so thickness might also come into play, but I’ll measure what I can get in there and let you know.

Edit - pretty sure you could get a mini 2 and camera in there, will also assess, but all the compartment area is totally adaptable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom