DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What does "aircraft in geo zone unable to take off" means and the word " aircraft " is my drone or an airplane nearby?

edwin2282001

Reactions
What does "aircraft in geo zone unable to take off" means and the word " aircraft " is my drone or an airplane nearby?

Aircraft refers to your drone.... you are unable to take off because you are in a restricted zone. If you expand your map on the DJI flight app you should be able to see the zone you are in.

• Angry
Reactions: Flyernh
DJI has implemented a system of "geofencing" which bricks your drone if you are in a restricted or no fly zone. If in a RZ you need to get authorization, then apply to big brother to unlock your drone for that area. Check their geozone map to see if you are trying to launch from and RZ.
DJI Geozone map

Reactions: Jafo28
Aircraft refers to your drone.... you are unable to take off because you are in a restricted zone. If you expand your map on the DJI flight app you should be able to see the zone you are in

DJI has implemented a system of "geofencing" which bricks your drone if you are in a restricted or no fly zone. If in a RZ you need to get authorization, then apply to big brother to unlock your drone for that area. Check their geozone map to see if you are trying to launch from and RZ.
DJI Geozone map
ok, but I did request to fly and it was approved via Aloft app (
Kittyhawk )
:

Request Approved - Authorized by FAA
Reference Number: ALTRHAVT0A30
Authorization Date/Start: 09/23/2021 at 7:30 am EDT
ALTRHAVT0A30 / OPF 09/23/21 7:30 am EDT - 09/23/21 7:30 pm EDT 200ft.

ok, but I did request to fly and it was approved via Aloft app (
Kittyhawk )
:

Request Approved - Authorized by FAA
Reference Number: ALTRHAVT0A30
Authorization Date/Start: 09/23/2021 at 7:30 am EDT
ALTRHAVT0A30 / OPF 09/23/21 7:30 am EDT - 09/23/21 7:30 pm EDT 200ft.
Perhaps I wasn't clear when I referenced "big brother" in getting your drone un-bricked. But you have to go to the DJI Flysafe website and request unlocking, using ATC authorization to provide the "reason" for the unlock request.

Which model are you flying? I fly M1P's and installed the software from No Limit Drones. It removes NFZ's and altitude restrictions but with that said you still need to fly smart. Recently i was at Galveston Beach and it flashed on my screen that i was close to an airport. My GF wanted some photos so i only flew at about 25 feet (any aircraft that low by the beach has other things to worry about other than my drone).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope