DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what does this do?

Dirby

Reactions
when i fired up my 2s this morning there was a new firm ware update message so i updated it so now what did this new up date do?

If you are happy with the way the drone flies as it is .....why update? Especially if you do not know what the update is adding....if it adds anything at all.

Often, these updates add limitations to your drone

We seem to always go through this same ole rhetoric every time a new firmware update is announced. All the updates I've done have been nothing but improvements but, to each his own.

Reactions: Papa Beach
If you are happy with the way the drone flies as it is .....why update? Especially if you do not know what the update is adding....if it adds anything at all.
Isn’t it the case that if there’s a software update, you can’t fly until you’ve uploaded the update?

Isn’t it the case that if there’s a software update, you can’t fly until you’ve uploaded the update?
No, they will fly perfectly well on old software (assuming the old stuff worked etc,) whilst knowing there is newer stuff available. Where things might get complicated is if different bits are on different versions but I am not certain about that.

Reactions: 4006448
I only accept bug fixes but some updates aren't even for my model. It will list what's on the update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech