DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens when a TFR goes into effect when I'm flying in a TFR area?

dmcgrew

Reactions
Just curious and haven't been able to find a definitive answer on this. Lets say I'm actively flying within the TFR radius of an MLB stadium and the TFR goes into effect while I'm flying. What happens? I'm assuming the TFR would only block my drone from taking off and if I'm already in the air I'd be able to come back and land.. but I want to make sure.

Nope from what I have heard you crash and burn. Some have lost their DJI drones becuase of this.

Nope from what I have heard you crash and burn. Some have lost their DJI drones becuase of this.
No, that's not what happens. The drone will start landing immediately, but it won't just crash to the ground. You also can still control the lateral movement of the drone during that time.

(also I don't know why we are reviving a >2 year old post here)

Reactions: dirkclod
The DJI apps didn't even know there was a TFR. Didn't show anything, unlike airmap.

No, that's not what happens. The drone will start landing immediately, but it won't just crash to the ground. You also can still control the lateral movement of the drone during that time.

You are right. I got a notification saying its a new post. Didn't check the date.

Well at least we now know. Lol

There are several posts around of people not being able to control their drone from landing in the water after a TFR came into affect is all I meant to say. I guess crash and burn was a little dramatic but the end result was unrecoverable drones.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31