DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What inexpensive video editor

bmwbob

Reactions
Looking for a inexpensive video editor that takes advantage of Youtube's VP09 encoding. I'm currently using Filmora 9 and like the interface, but it's not compatible with Youtube's VP09 encoding and defaults to AVC encoding no matter the resolution. Subsequently the videos play at low resolution on anything other than fast internet connections. If you right click on any Youtube of any decent quality it will be VP09 encoding.

As far as I know, YouTube will re-encode every upload to save space and offer lower resolutions + bit-rates for slower connections.
Even if you send them exactly what they use for streaming, you won't get your file 1:1 upon playback. ?

As far as I know, YouTube will re-encode every upload to save space and offer lower resolutions + bit-rates for slower connections.
Even if you send them exactly what they use for streaming, you won't get your file 1:1 upon playback. ?

Very true, but the Youtub's V9 has a better compression and play smoothly on poor internet connection were Filmora 9 always get AVC encoding :)

Yes... But unless YouTube changed something lately, it shouldn't matter what you upload - as long as the quality is good in the first place. YouTube is doing the V9 encoding for you when you upload. I never had trouble with my videos.

Yes... But unless YouTube changed something lately, it shouldn't matter what you upload - as long as the quality is good in the first place. YouTube is doing the V9 encoding for you when you upload. I never had trouble with my videos.

I just looked at one of your videos and it was AVC encoding streaming at 480 on my slow internet and others are V09. But if I go to a video with V09 encoding it streams at 1080P HD on my slow internet. Filmora 9 isn't compatible with V09 encoding as stated by there tech support. I'm looking for a video editor that Youtube's likes other than Adobe Premiere Pro and the like.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa