DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What iPad do you use ?

knotayot

Reactions
Knotayot

What device are you using

I'm really new to this drone flying experience .. I have a Pro Platinum and I use my Samsung s8 attached to my controller .. I don't like disconnecting my phone all the time so I'm gonna buy a iPad ..
my question is ..which one to buy

Knotayot

What device are you using

I'm really new to this drone flying experience .. I have a Pro Platinum and I use my Samsung s8 attached to my controller .. I don't like disconnecting my phone all the time so I'm gonna buy a iPad ..
my question is ..which one to buy
I have an MPP too, and I use an iPad mini 5. Works great.
IMG_7097.jpg

Only cellular iPad models contain a GPS receiver. That GPS receiver is active even if the cellular service has not been activated.

7x9
E90DCFD5-1B21-4129-970E-81210ADEE7C1.jpeg
Love it. Cellular and fly with it and work here with it
when not on Mac. Thumbswayup

Reactions: old man mavic
I use a basic wi-fi Ipad, 10.2 without gps or cellular. It works great. Go4 and streaming functionality is exceptional. When I need maps I simply download them in advance or tether it to my phone temporarily.

Once you use an IOS device, your disconnect days will be over.

Last edited:
Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I started out using my iPad Pro 10.5 with a tablet mount for my MM RC, but found it was just too big and it only had 64Gb of disk space which I found out quickly that it was not enough. I just picked up a iPad mini 5 with 256Gb (WiFi only) and it seems about perfect. If I need internet access when WiFi is unavailable I just use my iPhone hotspot.

One big bonus was that the iPad mini fits the RC without any special mounts. Just need a longer OTG lightning cable.
Very cool!!

6c195c93a48e623a10dfce91ed0d6ccf.jpg

I have a wi-fi only iPad mini4 and MavicPro. This combo works great, in fact the mini4 beats my CrystalSky monitor hands down in all aspects except screen brightness. I wish Apple would improve screen brightness to at least 1200 nits on the mini's. Using a cumbersome sun screen just doesn't do it for me.

iPad Mini gen 4 cellular, but about to upgrade to the latest model.

tried a Crystalsky and I far prefer the implementation of DJI Go 4 in iOS to Android. and that's before the cost, weight and instability of the CS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech