DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the name of this cable?(Mavic air 2) New to DJI drones but tech savvy/can do teardowns. It connects to the pitch motor

DJI do not generally sell parts to the general public. My guess would be that you will not find the cable alone as a pattern part and that you will end up getting either
a) a pattern gimbal or
b) a pattern pitch arm or
c) a pattern pitch motor or
d) the same as a), b) & c) but second hand and genuine.
BTW including which model of drone it is might be useful.

Reactions: RodPad
The ribbon cables will cost you 20-30 dollars and are available.
To replace the Cable you will need:
1. LOTS of Patients.
2. Surgeons hands
3. 1 or 2 bottles of Makers Mark.
Seriously. sure you can do it, just be careful and take your time ( these cables are VERY fragile).
MA2 317 pointed out that your gimble looks cracked- If So- you will need the whole assembly $150.00 - $200.00.
ALSO If the drone crashed with such force as to cause that damage to the gimble, your problem might just start there.
I am VERY confident in my ability to build Drones but my gimble repairs usually go right back to DJI. Its the cheapest way unless you have the equipment to diagnose the entire drone
Good luck and let us know if you need any help.

Reactions: YVRGUY and MA2 317
Ribbon cable
I bought a gimbal ribbon cable, but it turns out it doesn't actually connect to the pitch motor like the cable shown here, rather it connects to the top of the gimbal structure :(

Attachments

• PXL_20230812_215057316~2.jpg
    PXL_20230812_215057316~2.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 13
1. LOTS of Patients.
2. Surgeons hands
Seriously. sure you can do it, just be careful and take your time ( these cables are VERY fragile).
MA2 317 pointed out that your gimble looks cracked- If So- you will need the whole assembly $150.00 - $200.00.
ALSO If the drone crashed with such force as to cause that damage to the gimble, your problem might just start there.
I am VERY confident in my ability to build Drones but my gimble repairs usually go right back to DJI. Its the cheapest way unless you have the equipment to diagnose the entire drone
1. LOTS of Patients.
2. Surgeons hands
Thank you for the thorough explanation :) however, after my teardown yesterday, also thinking it was the gimbal ribbon cable, it turned out to be completely separate, I was surprised too. The gimbal ribbon cable just kind of connects to a terminal under the plastic cover circled

Attachments

• PXL_20230812_215057316~2.jpg
    PXL_20230812_215057316~2.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 5
It is the mavic air 2 (sorry for not placing that in the thread title), it seems that the cable next to the pitch motor is only available from DJI's repair center?

A gimbal/camera replacement would require pairing a new camera to the board. It requires proprietary software that only DJI and authorized repair centers can access. If you need to replace the camera, you are probably better off sending it in to DJI for repair. The prices are actually quite reasonable plus they will find if other items were damaged in the crash that you may not be aware of. They will usually send a new or refurbished replacement.

Ah darn :( do you know the name of that board that the cable connects to? Maybe that would help me research possible connectors/cable replacements
Yes- BUT- Now You are probably over the price DJI would charge you to replace all the same components and they warranty their work. Just food for thought.

Yes- BUT- Now You are probably over the price DJI would charge you to replace all the same components and they warranty their work. Just food for thought.
Okie then, I'll consider DJI repair, but if you don't mind sharing the name of the part please? Thank you for all your guys' help btw :)

1. LOTS of Patients.
2. Surgeons hands
one bottle mark ship then disasembled for a discount lol

• Haha
Reactions: ChiFlyer and Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d