DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is your battery warning percentage level set at?

L.Bro

Reactions
I'm still learning about my Mavic air. I was curious to know what do you guys set your battery low warning to. Mine is set at 30 percent before it warms me of low battery level. Should I raise or lower that, or is that ok? Check out some of my footage youtube (JSKenterprise) I'm new at this...

Should I raise or lower that, or is that ok?
That depends on when you want to see a notification pop up in DJI GO. That's all that setting does.

Reactions: L.Bro
30%. But quite honestly I usually land with 35-40% remaining. Rarely do I hit the low battery alarm. This is on my M2Z. On my MA it is also at 30% but I hit that more often when flying (shorter flight times).

As Msinger said, set it to whatever level you want it to start nagging you.

I am usually flying in VLOS and in a relatively small area for practise. I therefore set mine to 25% and look to bring it back fairly sharpish at that point, especially if it is windy and coming home against the wind.

Reactions: Gindra
I'm still learning about my Mavic air. I was curious to know what do you guys set your battery low warning to. Mine is set at 30 percent before it warms me of low battery level. Should I raise or lower that, or is that ok? Check out some of my footage youtube (JSKenterprise) I'm new at this...
Mine is set for 20% warning, but I rarely depend on this. I'm well on my way home (landing) way before I get the alert.

Reactions: L.Bro

I'm generally flying commercial construction projects and I am within just a few hundred feet of where I took off from or even less distance to myself. Therefore I have mine set to 20%. I'm generally trying to get all the juice out of my batteries that I can. YMMV

I have mine set at 30% but generally have my drone back close to me and and swap batteries between 40-50%. That only because I don't want to juice it back up to 50% to store it. But......if I am on a mission and get distracted with the enjoyment of flying and don't check the battery level the 30% alerts me to head back home.

The default for Mavic 2 Zoom is Low Battery Warning @ 25% and Critical Low Battery Warning @10%. I increase my Low Battery Warning to 30% and leave the Critical warning at 10%

Reactions: Thomas B
Mine is at 20%, but usually I am bringing it back well before that, like what was mentioned above by others. The more confident you become as a pilot I would say you could lower it to about 20% to keep it from nagging you too early. But as a newer pilot 30% is a good spot to keep you from possibly having an accident. Better safe than sorry!

mine is 40% first warning 25% critical i like plenty of reserve for those unexpected times if something stops me landing for whatever reason
you have to remember that as the battery gets below say 30% then the rate at which it depletes increases for a given current drain
on my MPP 100% to 40% will give me around 18 to 20 mins of flight time depending on the wind and i find that plenty for my needs

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys