DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What mode (C, P, S) is best for Power/Distance efficiency?

BokiFly

Reactions
Did someone tested what mode is best if, for example, we need to return Mavic Mini in case of battery warning?
Or when we perform distance tests?
What mode have the best Power/Distance efficiency (Positioning, Sport, Cinesmooth)?

I read that in strong wind S-mode and low altitude is the best, but what is best for normal weather conditions?

Another question, I have a beeping alarm when battery is at 20% and it does not stop, it's quite aggressive, my Mavic Mini was not far away but this constant alarm is distracting and it's making me nervous more than I should be (because drone was not far away and it was not problem to return it).
Is there any way that we can customize that alarm, disable it after we hear it or maybe set it in the way that beeps every few percent of battery drops and not constantly?

Does Mavic Mini always activate battery warning at 20% or it calculate remaining battery and distance? Yesterday alarm start beeping at 20% and I landed with 12%.

The same question for RTH beeping, can we disable or customize that alarm?

overall P mode is the most efficient ,yes in windy conditions spot mode can help to get back quicker,but at the cost of using more battery power in the process
the beeping is somewhat annoying but it is there for a reason,the same as the RTH beep,and if you dont allow the beep to be triggered,then it is not an issue
you should be more aware of remaining battery levels, and make sure you are near to home before it becomes critical,dont just rely on the firmware to save the day,you are the pilot

Reactions: BokiFly
Did someone tested what mode is best if, for example, we need to return Mavic Mini in case of battery warning?
Or when we perform distance tests?
What mode have the best Power/Distance efficiency (Positioning, Sport, Cinesmooth)?

I read that in strong wind S-mode and low altitude is the best, but what is best for normal weather conditions?

Another question, I have a beeping alarm when battery is at 20% and it does not stop, it's quite aggressive, my Mavic Mini was not far away but this constant alarm is distracting and it's making me nervous more than I should be (because drone was not far away and it was not problem to return it).
Is there any way that we can customize that alarm, disable it after we hear it or maybe set it in the way that beeps every few percent of battery drops and not constantly?

Does Mavic Mini always activate battery warning at 20% or it calculate remaining battery and distance? Yesterday alarm start beeping at 20% and I landed with 12%.

The same question for RTH beeping, can we disable or customize that alarm?

The question has too many variables for a single definitive answer. P-mode is best for flight time, but not for flight distance - even in still air for at least some models but obviously for all models flying into certain levels of headwind. One obvious observation is that as headwind speed increases there will be a point at which sport is more efficient in energy/distance than P-mode, even if it isn't more efficient in still air.

Yes, now I see that from manual. But 14 kph is around 4 m/s, and that is max speed for C-mode.

13 m/s (S Mode) (47 kph)
8 m/s (P Mode) (29 kph)
4 m/s (C Mode) (14.4 kph)

But as stated, that is for windless conditions.

Yes, now I see that from manual. But 14 kph is around 4 m/s, and that is max speed for C-mode.

13 m/s (S Mode) (47 kph)
8 m/s (P Mode) (29 kph)
4 m/s (C Mode) (14.4 kph)

But as stated, that is for windless conditions.

Right - the mode is irrelevant - it doesn't change the flight characteristics, it simply controls which speed regimes are accessible. In other words 4 m/s is the same performance in C, P and S modes.

Right - the mode is irrelevant - it doesn't change the flight characteristics, it simply controls which speed regimes are accessible. In other words 4 m/s is the same performance in C, P and S modes.
Very interesting thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirjhara