DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What most pilots don't know: Using the Histogram right.

That's instructional and easy to understand ... Well done.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Thanks for sharing. I had some understanding on histogram & it’s uses. It’s always on my screen while flying.

That article takes it one step further. Thanks you;)

Thanks for posting. The article starts out great by stating that optimal exposure can't always be achieved by looking at the image on your screen, and shows the relationship between exposure and a histogram. So far so good.
But then, goes on to show some examples but doesn't show the corresponding histograms! It would have been more useful to see the histograms associated with each of the examples.

But then, goes on to show some examples but doesn't show the corresponding histograms! It would have been more useful to see the histograms associated with each of the examples.
There are histograms in the screenshots! Check it out again! :)

Well, I'll be dipped in manure. I've been reading the histogram incorrectly. Thanks for the tutorial !

Last edited:
Useful post and goes to show how few pilots understand photography and expect their new purchase to take incredible photos without any input from them.

Just as important is light. More people are now aware of the ‘golden hour’ but it is easy enough to take good photos at any time of day if the light allows - you just have to know how to use it properly.

I’d recommend anyone to read up on and practice terrestrial photography and most of the skills and knowledge is interchangeable with aerial shooting.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl