DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What really happens when an airborne MP flies into a NFZ or other 'hard' geo-fence boundary?

I have read the threads, watched the youtube vids but still can't get a clear read on what my Mavic would do if I accidentally (or on purpose) flew into a geo-fence. Some say you can fly it back but cannot gain altitude, others say it auto-lands but you can still control direction while landing, still other say it takes over, auto-lands period. Assuming I have the latest firmware and GO app, what would really happen? TIA.

I asked to DJI support.

This is their up-to-date answer:

mavic_answer.png

This is exactly what happened to me. A map error suddenly created a red zone and my controller started beeping loudly with a "10 seconds to auto landing" message.

I had horizontal control, no vertical control. Sensors turned off. Drone landed in a neighbors tree.

This is exactly what happened to me. A map error suddenly created a red zone and my controller started beeping loudly with a "10 seconds to auto landing" message.

I had horizontal control, no vertical control. Sensors turned off. Drone landed in a neighbors tree.
So, this is the actual response of the AC (auto landing) not RTH as per DJI.
GOOD TO KNOW!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu