DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What tablets under $400 in Australia are compatible with AIR 2 and DJI FLY app.

jarnie

Reactions
After purchasing an A2 and finding that my near new Samsung tablet is not compatible (because it has a 32 bit instead of 64 bit operating system) I am trying to find compatible tablet for the least cost. So far all I can find (from the list of compatible tablets which may not be up to date) are VERY expensive tablets.

I would appreciate it if you are in Australia and use a tablet which didn't cost the earth then please advise the name and model.
Thanks.

Ipad Mini 5, but it won't be under AUD 400

Reactions: snapdog
Samsung Tab A 8" (T290NZKAZAR) works great on my Air 2. Last weekend on sale at Amazon for $130.00 U.S. so it is well under your budget, I think. Real nice tablet, no problems with downloading Go Fly. Just download the program, fire it up and go.
Hope this is helpful,

C.

I'm using an older ipad mini 2 32gb verizon but not activated. If the memory is close to full, it will give me a warning of CPU usage maxed out, but once I cleared about 10gb worth of space, I haven't had the error come up and have 2.5hrs of flight time with it. It's probably not the best option, and is a bit slow playing back footage sometimes, but it works.

Thanks
The more I research the more I think that I will not get anything under $500
There is a Lenovo which has 4GB RAM and may have 64bit Android but there are a lot of owners who aren't happy with the Lenovo,
There is an APPLE I could get for around $530 and it is list as the IPAD 7th Generation MW752X/A but I have no idea if the IpadOS (Apple OS) is 64 bit. I am wondering if all recent Ipads run a 64bit OS and will work with DJI FLY? I could not find anywhere what amount of RAM and if the OS would be 64bit.
The list of compatible Ipads is large but this one is not listed.

bite the bullet and just get a mini 5 wifi only...most of the DJI stuff seems geared more towards the apple stuff..

I think you maybe right. I can get the Mini 5 for $600 here in Australia BUT can I be guaranteed that it will be compatible with DJI FLY? Is there a different model here in Australia than the one sold in USA like there is with the Samsung T290 which has a different model in USA (which works) than here in Australia (which they market as 'special model for Australia - yes special, it has the 32 bit OS instead of the 64 bit grrrrrr!)

I think you maybe right. I can get the Mini 5 for $600 here in Australia BUT can I be guaranteed that it will be compatible with DJI FLY? Is there a different model here in Australia than the one sold in USA like there is with the Samsung T290 which has a different model in USA (which works) than here in Australia (which they market as 'special model for Australia - yes special, it has the 32 bit OS instead of the 64 bit grrrrrr!)

Yes, any Apple product sold today can run DJI Fly.

Thanks
The more I research the more I think that I will not get anything under $500
There is a Lenovo which has 4GB RAM and may have 64bit Android but there are a lot of owners who aren't happy with the Lenovo,
There is an APPLE I could get for around $530 and it is list as the IPAD 7th Generation MW752X/A but I have no idea if the IpadOS (Apple OS) is 64 bit. I am wondering if all recent Ipads run a 64bit OS and will work with DJI FLY? I could not find anywhere what amount of RAM and if the OS would be 64bit.
The list of compatible Ipads is large but this one is not listed.

Technically Ipad's have had less issues with DJI apps, the main problem for Ipads is processing power but the 7th gen should be ok with the A10 fusion CPU.
It's more powerful than the Ipad Mini 4 which is on DJI's list of compatible devices. My Mini4 works perfectly with DJI Fly at the moment.

Ipad 7th gen specs

1594434539138.png

Last edited:
Thanks again.
BUT can I assume that EVERY current Ipad model is compatible with DJI FLY?
I have found that there are many Android tablets with a 64bit processor but have the 32bit Android operating system and so are not compatible.

Also (for those with the Ipad Mini eg Iannes), I have researched and have found that neith the Mini 4 or Mini 5 has a micro SD memory slot meaning that you are stuck with the memory which comes with it, ie 32GB. Is that a problem especially if you don't plan to download lots of apps or take lots of photos?
I see that there is an ipad 'lightning' to usb connector adaptor so is it easy to transfer files from the Ipad to USB?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph