DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What the * *** happened here?

majeszczak

Reactions
Hi, after 6 min flight on about 70m over the sea level, a got this. After changing my underware, RTH engaged.
what happend? too strong wind?

Reactions: woesch
I have had that happen before for no apparent reason. Mine didn't automatically RTH though, I had to engage it. I can't really find where anyone had a fix for it other than sending it to DJI or someone else to repair, but I did see one post yesterday where someone said they did a recalibration of the gimbal and it fixed their issue. They said though that you had to make sure the thing was perfectly level or it would do it again. I haven't done a test flight since I recalibrated mine though. But even before when it would happen with mine it was random and not very often.

The reason RTH engaged is not related to "High wind velocity" message you see in your screen.
There is definitely something wrong with your gimbal, seems awfully jerky.

I would connect the Mavic to a computer using a USB Cable, run Assistant and perform a factory reset. Once this is completed do an IMU Calibration and Gimbal calibration.

Reactions: lweekspors
What is that thing from bottom right to top left across the the image that keeps fluttering back and forth? Had you previously crashed your Mavic?

I thought that was some video oscillation or sometimes you get sun reflection through the prop wash. But now that you pointed it out, it does look like something hanging there.

This happened to me as well about 3 weeks ago. No high wind issues. Bright sunny day. I thought my mavic actually flipped and was going to crash, but then i realized it was just a gimbal malfunction. Never happened again after that.

I did the same thing you did though...I **** my pants and then immediately hit the RTH button.

What is that thing from bottom right to top left across the the image that keeps fluttering back and forth? Had you previously crashed your Mavic?
I thought that was some video oscillation or sometimes you get sun reflection through the prop wash. But now that you pointed it out, it does look like something hanging there.
Cam Cover still on?
No doubt ~Gimbal cover is still on. OP - did you remove the gimbal clamp?

Gimbal clamp wont allow the camera to face down so I'm guessing thats off.

Looks like a mid flight gimbal reset to me. Not sure why RTH initiated though, could be unrelated to the gimbal fault.

Reactions: sbooker and chazzm
I engaged RTH, cover was on, couse bad weather.. there was no strong wind today, i'll try to calirate everything from default reset. What about this flare over the cover, do you have it too?

I engaged RTH, cover was on, couse bad weather.. there was no strong wind today, i'll try to calirate everything from default reset. What about this flare over the cover, do you have it too?
Yes. It's a glare from your front left propellor. Remove the cover if you're flying high altitudes as you will unlikely crash into something up there.

Gimbal reset. Exactly the same happened to me yesterday. It happens occasionally and though it is rather unnerving it doesn't usually cause major problems. I think it's something we just have to live with.

Reactions: Lars Olsson
Gimbal reset. Exactly the same happened to me yesterday. It happens occasionally and though it is rather unnerving it doesn't usually cause major problems. I think it's something we just have to live with.

I agree. It has happened to me on my Mavic, Inspire 1 & Inspire 2 several times over the past three years.

It’s quite unnerving the first time it happens but don’t panic.

Return to the ground, stop & restart the drone and you’ll be good to go.

That's the reflection of the camera on the inside of the gimbal cover.

Hi, after 6 min flight on about 70m over the sea level, a got this. After changing my underware, RTH engaged.

I feel the same way you do. I received my mavic for my birthday on 10/4/17 and 2 weeks later it starts to act up. Gimbal goes crazy. It usually happens while recording in 4K right at the 9 minute mark. First time it happened it looked like it was struck by a bird or just falling out of the sky. Doesn’t happen every time but usually when you are recording a great scene. I contacted DJI And was told to calibrate this then calibrate that, update this and update that and if that didn’t resolve the issue I needed to send it back. Really? Brand new and you want me to send it back? Come to find out, many mavic owners are experiencing the same issue for at least a year back. So DJI has known about this for over a year and has done nothing to fix the problem. I have also read that many mavic owners have sent their mavics back, only to receive a unit that is worse and it is a refurbished unit. I have been very reluctant to send mine back for the very reasons listed. A company that continues to make a product knowing there is a design flaw, should not be rewarded with more sales, but that’s exactly what is happening. It also tells that the management at DJI doesn’t care about QUALITY CONTROL. When you pay 1299.00 for a product you shouldn’t have to send it back to have it fixed right out the box. I have had 0 hard landings and 0 crashes since owning the mavic. I Love flying this thing but DJI will never fix this issue because they are making to much money because people continue buying a flawed product. I read that 2-3 out of 50 are flawed coming out if the factory. Truly sad but not unexpected. What DJI should do is offer a loaner mavic to people who are having issues until their bird is fixed. Which means sending a unit out with a return label and box for you to send yours back. Until DJI suffers in the pocket book you can look forward to reading the same issues over and over.

Reactions: Bogey
Can you imaging if your car did that every so often?

I know this is a complete newbie question but how did you get the screen capture video of the DJI Go app during the flight?

Reactions: Owen79
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony