DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to do with my Mini 2

Art Cox

Reactions
I recently purchased the Mini 3 Pro. Great little drone. Question is, should I sell my Mini 2 w/Fly More Kit and what $$ to ask for it? Best Buy has them for $599, Amazon for $480. What do you guys think?

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
A backup drone is always handy, accidents happen and it would be a shame to miss a shot because your one and only drone has been ....................
Better perhaps the two are the same but you already have spent the money to buy the Mini 2 so you may as well use it.

Last edited:
A backup drone is always handy, accidents happen and it would be a shame to miss a shot because your one and only drone has been ....................
Oh, I never have just 1 drone with me. My Air 2, and Phantom 4 are usually in my car when I go out to shoot.

• Haha
I recently purchased the Mini 3 Pro. Great little drone. Question is, should I sell my Mini 2 w/Fly More Kit and what $$ to ask for it? Best Buy has them for $599, Amazon for $480. What do you guys think?
Just remember those are brand new prices. I looked on ebay for pre owned ones and it looks like around $420 is going price.
Always good to have a backup drone though as already mentioned.

Just remember those are brand new prices. I looked on ebay for pre owned ones and it looks like around $420 is going price.
Always good to have a backup drone though as already mentioned.
I am, "Drone Poor" as my dad would say, Can't fly more than 1 at a time.. lol..

Reactions: Tufargon
IMO, if you're strapped for the money, sell it for 60-70% of new (new has a warranty and option to buy a 2 year Care Refresh), whereas someone buying a used one, probably does not have that.

If you don't need the money, keep it as your alternate/backup drone. I'm sure you've seen plenty of posts when someone's drone mysteriously crashed. Or flew into an overhead wire or tree twig, etc. If that happens to your drone, you will not have anything until yo get a repair or replacement. So ask yourself if that matters.

should I sell my Mini 2 w/Fly More Kit
I have 5-toy drones for friends and relatives to play with. If you also have friends, relatives, etc… that ask you to teach them to fly, your Mini 2 is the least expensive of your "stable" of drones to give instruction on. Even though it is not actually a spare, it would introduce them to a GPS stable drone to learn upon.

Can't fly more than 1 at a time..
I know what I am suggesting sounds contrary to my usual position ("dun-dun" sound effect from Law & Order…), but have you ever put them all up for a "Family Photo?"

You have the right to remain silent… 🤣😂:D

I get too attached to my drones to sell them!! I buy a few drones on eBay and the Mini 2 is a pretty good seller at the moment, Personally I wouldn't sell but thats just me. An accountant would say to donate it to a college or a charity That way you could get the tax deduction. Either way the markets good for the Mini2 and it would sell pretty quickly

Reactions: Rnl and LoudThunder
I have actually purchased two (2) of the Mini 2's. Each time, it was for travel. Since I cannot maintain flying each drone I sold the first one. Then started to plan another travel and bought another Mini2 which I still have. It is nice to have for travel and hiking. Drones are sort of like new cars that lose value the minute you drive them out of the lot. They lose value. If you do not need the $, then keep it.

Dale
Miami

I've kept my Mini 1 and enjoy flying it occasionally. One of the reasons is because my Mini 3 Pro currently doesn't support 3rd party apps like Maven and Litchi. And in the future it looks like the Android DJI RC may not accept loading those apps.

• Wow
I wouldn't dare get rid of my Mini 2. Awesome little drone. That's just me. If there were "Plus" batteries for the Mini 2, I would have never purchased my Mini 3 Pro.

One thing to consider is the Mini 2 will never have RID like the newer DJI drones.

I have 5 drones but only 2 of them will not ever have RID unless I put a module on them. The Mini 2 is exempt from RID and sure, the camera isn't quite as good as the Mini 3 but it's still a good 4K 30fps camera that can produce good photos and video.

Bonus: If you buy a couple of Mini 1 Li-ion batteries for the Mini 2, you can leave them charged up and ready to fly whereas the Mini 2 Li-Po batteries self discharge after a number of days to protect themselves because they don't like to be in a state of full charge or discharge. Great for a keep-in-car drone for those unexpected opportunities. Just not on really hot or cold days which may be all summer/winter in some locations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard