DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you 3D print for your Mavic?

Pants. It needs pants. It's not like Chewbacca who has a lot of fur to cover things. It needs pants.

Printed in pink since it was already loaded in the printer. Could do a bright green or translucent purple.
20180131_042216.jpg

I have printed joystick protectors, battery caps motor covers. How about a holder for extra props. I dont have a program for designing I just find them on the internet

Reactions: RolandW
I have printed joystick protectors, battery caps motor covers. How about a holder for extra props. I dont have a program for designing I just find them on the internet
Prop case is a great idea.

My brother-in-law got a 3D printer last week. He posted some photos on FaceBook of it and some of the do-dads he printed testing it out. I showed the wife his posts, all she said was 'NO!!!! You have enough expensive toys!' :(

My brother-in-law got a 3D printer last week. He posted some photos on FaceBook of it and some of the do-dads he printed testing it out. I showed the wife his posts, all she said was 'NO!!!! You have enough expensive toys!' :(
You have four drones. Something tells me you'll be able to convince her. ;)

If you like to tinker and don' mind a few upgrades the anet A8 can be bought for $130 to $160 depending on who has it.

Reactions: Neebles
You have four drones. Something tells me you'll be able to convince her. ;)
I just got an email from Carnival Cruise Line. Showed it to the wife and said we should take a cruise. She replied 'Sure, sell a drone and I'll book it.' So, not looking too promising......

I just looked at all the 3D printers in action [emoji15]. I wanna Buy one, but don’t know much about them [emoji17].
My wife’s the IT manager at GM. I’m sure she can figure it out [emoji6]. Going home to look at reviews of different models.
The OP happy with your printer, or do you have regrets about not buying a different one?

If you like to tinker and don' mind a few upgrades the anet A8 can be bought for $130 to $160 depending on who has it.

The A8 is a great machine if you have patience and want to LEARN how to print, not just hit a button and have the machine do everything for you. It’s what I use and it’s served me well.

If you want to design basic stuff, check out Tinkercad. It’s free, you can design stuff, save it as an STL file and shoot it off to your slicer to print. It’s really basic, but it will get you started. Fusion is another one, it’s a lot more powerful, and involved. Tinkercad and Fusion would be like compairing MS Paint and Photoshop.

I'd print new front landing legs (antenna is inside) and make them at a better angle for improved reception.

I'd print LED and strobe mounts

You can get those from here... or do you already have them?

You can get those from here... or do you already have them?

not a fan of those

What are you guys paying for Fusion360? Its listed at $60/month! :O

TinkerCAD is more my style... free!

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan